friday pt.1

two weeks later...

i still keep getting hit with paper balls. at this point, i purposely go into class early, knowing he'd be there. it's fun, really. my friends and i don't ever play around anymore like we did when we were little. but, most of my childhood friends are no longer in my life so my statement is invalid. my friends, now, and i never play around.

i was hit with three balls consecutively. i turned around quickly to get a look at his face. he was sitting closer today. his eyes were red and puffy, which concerned me, but he was giving a little smile.

i picked them up and threw them back. he covered his face and ducked it down. his hair... it's pink now. it goes good with his blue sweater, just saying.

▫☁❇☁▫

"faggot." i heard someone huff and i looked up from my plate. there were some boys sitting at jimin's table who obviously shouldn't be there.

i asked a teacher the other day what his name was and it's jimin. what a cute name-

i grumbled under my breath.

"why's you hair pink?"

"are you gay?"

"why don't you talk?"

"are you mute?"

the questions kept flowing on and on. jimin just kept his head down but then closed his eyes momentarily and raised the middle finger to them without looking up from his book.

i mentally applauded him, a small and impressed smile coming to my face.

"kill yourself, you fucking faggot." kyle huffed and the rest of the boys left the table. jimin froze and shut his book. he kept his head down and quickly left the lunch room.

something inside me started burning. i grabbed my lunch plate and quickly threw it away, exiting the lunch room in the same direction.

fuck.

i was pissed.

i saw the last streak of blue disappear into the boy's bathroom.

i waited a minute or so before going in silently. he was gripping the sides of the sink. he appeared to be crying.

"jimin?" i asked, stepping in farther. this seemed to startle him.

"p-p-plese d-don't h-hurt-t me." his body tensed up. i stopped in my tracks. hurt him? god, what are these boys doing to him?

"i'm not going to hurt you. i'm on your side, okay?" i approached behind him so he could see it was just me.

he blinked and a few more tears fell down his cheeks.

"w-why d-did you s-stand u-up for-r me the-the other day?" he muttered, sniffling.

"because i like you and they're all assholes."

__________