flatline pt.2

Third Person POV

"C'mon, Yoongi. Wake up." Jimin whispered, holding Yoongi's hand in his. He stared intently at him, looking for any sign he heard Jimin.

They'd been here for hours. A nurse came in occasionally, checking on him and making casual conversation.

Taehyung had fallen asleep in the chair next to him, earlier. There was no way that Jimin would be able to sleep.

He texted Jin occasionally, making sure everything was okay. He sent a photo of Jiya and Jungkook curled up on the couch asleep together. He and Tae found it adorable.

Jimin laid his head down on the side of the bed. The room was so silent. The beeping had become comforting. It told Jimin that everything was alright.

He laid there for another hour until he was woken by the feeling of a death grip on his hand. He winced, quickly raising his head to look at Yoongi.

The beeping on the machine quickened. It took Jimin a second to process things. Yoongi's eyes opened but they soon rolled into the back of his head. His body began spasming and shaking.

Doctors seemed to swarm in immedietly. Taehyung woke up, realizing what was happening sooner than Jimin did.

Jimin was pulled away from Yoongi by Taehyung. Yoongi wouldn't let go of his hand. It hurt as Taehyung finally disconnected the two boys.

Jimin's vision became blurry with tears, his ears rang. The supply of nurses and doctors closed off his sight of Yoongi.

Jimin heard the one thing he never wanted to hear.

"NO! NO! NO!" Jimin cried and struggled to get away from Taehyung and out of his arms. He needed to get to Yoongi.

Flatline.

Yoongi flatlined.

Taehyung forced Jimin around and held him tight as if his life depended on it. He didn't want Jimin to see.

Jimin cried and cried, gripping onto Taehyung. His nails digging into his skin.

Everything seemed to drag on for hours. When, in reality, everything lasted maybe a few seconds.

Once everything stopped, Taehyung didn't let go. Their faces stayed burried in each other's necks.

"I'm so sorry, Jimin." Taehyung cried. He slowly looked up, opening his eyes. He stared at Yoongi, assuming he was dead. He jumped, letting go of Jimin.

Jimin was startled. He turned around. Yoongi's eyes were cracked open, not liking the bright light. Taehyung hurriedly turned on a lamp, flipping off the main lights.

Jimin stood stunned. Yoongi slowly pushed himself up. He touched the cut on his cheek bone, wincing.

"Jimin?" Yoongi said quietly.

Jimin ran forward, attaching himself to Yoongi, continuing to cry. But now, they were happy tears.

"Oh, Yoongi. I thought I lost you." Jimin sobbed. Yoongi rested his head on Jimin's shoulder. He felt like he had zero energy. He could barely lift his arms around Jimin's waist.

"I'm here, it's okay." Yoongi mumbled.

Taehyung walked over, he put his hand on Yoongi's arm, "Thank you for not dying." He chuckled. A little smile appeared on Yoongi's face.

Taehyung left soon after that. He wanted to leave the two boys alone.

Jimin pulled away, cupping the side of Yoongi's face in his hand. He stroked his cheek with his thumb.

"How many times do I have to prove it to you that I won't leave you for you to believe me?" Yoongi chuckled, pulling Jimin forward and softly connecting their lips.

"I was so worried, Yoongi. I can't loose you, Yoongi. I don't know what I'd do. And Jiya-"

Yoongi cut Jimin off, "Shh, don't think about that. I'm here, I'm alive." The older softly rubbed the back of Jimin's hand.

"Where are you hurt? Do you need anything?" Jimin softly ran his fingers through Yoongi's black hair.

"I'm alright, Jiminie. Please, don't worry." Yoongi smiled and pecked his lips once more.

"We've missed you, baby." Jimin muttered. Yoongi's heart lurched, hearing the name Jimin used for him.

"You wanna hear something good? I meant to tell you a while ago but I guess I just forgot." Yoongi laughed weakly.

Jimin nodded.

"I'm cured. It's gone."

Yoongi's diease was finally gone. And for good this time.

"Really? Oh my god." Jimin attacked Yoongi into yet another hug, "I'm so happy."

"I wanna go home. God, I missed you guys. Did you tell Jiya? Where is she?"

"Jungkook and Jin stayed behind with her, and yeah, she knows what happened."

"Lay down, you look tired." Yoongi scooted over on the hospital bed, turning to the side and wincing slightly.

"Aw, Yoongi. Not if it hurts you." Jimin sighed.

"If anything, it'll make me feel better." Yoongi closed his eyes, breathing through his mouth.

"Alright, honey, but tell me if it hurts, okay?" Jimin slid under the sheets. Yoongi rested himself against Jimin, finding comfort in being so close to him again.

Yoongi nodded in response.

Jimin kissed the top of Yoongi's head, "I love you so much, Yoongi. More than you even know." He whispered.

▫☁❇☁▫