Verse 2

Eyes Open

"Parents, Teachers, and students, I present to you, the batch Valedictorian, Amber Rose Pua!"

Loud applause covered the whole Auditorium. It's our graduation day. The day where we'll reap the fruit of our labors. I will now reap the fruit of my force labor. I hope that he will be happy for this. It's all worthless if not.

Tumayo ako at taas noong naglakad papuntang stage. Ramdam na ramdam ko ang mga titig ng mga tao sa akin habang gumagalaw ako. My eyes are open to see that.

When I'm on the stage, I smiled at the faculties and gates. I went to the front of the microphone and check if it's working. After checking, I prepared myself for the shits that I will release in my mouth.

"Good Day to all of us. Faculties, Parents, Guest, and Students, this is the time for us to receive all our achievements. First, I would like to thank our Faculties for their consideration. Thank you for moulding us into this. To our Parents, who are always supportive, all awards we have now is all for you. You're the reason behind this. To the Students, let us cherish this moments because this will be the last time of our High School Year. May we get the right track and good future."

Patuloy lang ako sa pagbigkas ng mga sinaulo kong speech. Kahit isang salita sa speech na ito ay wala akong inambag. Our adviser give speeches to  us. Mas mabuti na rin ito dahil wala naman akong masasabi. I never wanted any of this.

Nagpalakpakan ang lahat matapos kong magsalita. The awarding started. The evil aura started to embrace me when my Dad started walking with me to get all my awards. Halos lahat ay nakuha ko. Wala akong itinira sa iba kong mga kaklase. Dahil ito ang gusto niyang gawin ko. Get all the awards and honors. Dahil dala dala ko ang apelyido niya.

I didn't even look at him when he's giving me the medals and ribbons. He didn't even care at all.

Pagkatapos ng graduation ay niyaya ko ng mga kaklase ko at ng iba na na taga ibang section para magpapicture. Kahit na mababait silang makitungo sa akin ay hindi ko pa rin ramdam ang sensiridan. Marahil kaya lang nila ako kinakausap ay dahil sa apelyido ko. Wala akong masasabing kaibigan. Walang ganoon.

After the endless picture taking, we went to our house for after party. Silence filled the car. Dad and I never talked when it's not about my studies or family obligations.

"How could you not get that special award? Why did you let someone get awards instead of you?"

Napatiim ako ng labi dahil hindi ko alam ang isasagot ko sa kaniya. The special award he is talking is the award for the extra curicullum. Ang sarap niyang sagutin na hindi naman niya ako hinahayaang sumali sa mga activities na hindi naman makakatulong sa pagpapabango ng apelyido niya.

"I'm sorry Dad. I never joined any of the sport activities and unrelated activities for academics. I thought you wanted me to focus on my studies. "

He groan in frustration. I don't know what is the reason for his frustration when he's the reason why I didn't get that award in the first place. He's being unreasonable.

"Just focus on your studies. Other activities unrelated to academics are useless!"

I nearly rolled my eyes at him. How ironic of him.

Thirty minutes seems like a century with him. Fortunately, we arrived at our house. Tons of cars are parking inside our mansion.

"You know what to do." sabi ni Daddy bago lumabas ng sasakyan.

Bumuntong hininga ako at lumabas na ng sasakyan. Fancy arrangements welcomed me. The chairs and tables are elegant. Our maids are in uniform. Rich people holding wines while talking to each other.