Chapter 10

Okay okay! I could not resist to publish this one too :P

Too much of briyani is giving me huge amount of energy! Haha!

Enjoy, my lovelies :*

****************

The miserable human prince could not forcefully wake Kit in the end. So, he patiently waited for the werecat to wake up. He must wake up because he needed to go and sleep in his room, right, Arthit tried to reason to himself. But no, some time later, Arthit too was fast asleep, his head on Kit's fur. It was so comfy that Arthit had slept while waiting. However, Kit's sleep was broken when he started to hear painful moans. He opened his eyes and realised that the human prince was moaning in his sleep. Kit did not know what to do. He closed his eyes thinking that maybe after a while Arthit would stop dreaming. But then after a few minutes, he re-opened his eyes as he could not bear it at all and called out desperately  to Tew telepathically. "Dude! What do you do when a human is dreaming and moaning in pain?" 

Tew's calm reply was: "Call his assassin and get out of there. Let me sleep now." Kit was perplexed. Why was Tew asking him to call for Adrestia? Adrestia would panic even more than Kit, right? He sighed and did exactly what Tew asked him to do. Tew was the oracle, not Kit. So, he would trust his judgement and ask him a lot of questions later. He called out to Adrestia: "Arthit is moaning in his sleep." There was a few minutes of silence that made Kit think that Adrestia was sleeping already when suddenly the door opened quietly. He came directly to the human prince and Kit watched as he whispered while caressing Arthit's cheek softly: "Shhhh.... I am here now." The latter relaxed in his sleep and unconsciously pressed his face into Adrestia's hand. 

Kit's mouth was wide open in shock. What just happened? Exactly why was he so shocked? To the fact that Adrestia could be so gentle? Or the fact that he was now a human whisperer? He did not know himself. He said to Adrestia telepathically: "Human dream catcher?" The latter rolled his eyes. Kit chuckled inwardly and vowed to ask Tew about this miracle that just happened in front of his eyes;  Adrestia being gentle. He stood up and walked to the door. He looked back and saw Adrestia placing Arthit gently on the bed, covering him with the blanket. 

Kit walked down the corridor, deep in thoughts. If Arthit was the one who Kit was now suspecting he was, then Kit was very happy for his friend. Adrestia deserved to be happy. He stretched lazily while walking to his room. And sighed contently as he noticed who was glaring at him, standing in front of his door. Ming crossed his arms and said: "Where were you?" Kit snarled at him and said to him telepathically: "You are not my keeper." Ming just crouched down and hugged the leopard. He then buried his head into Kit's fur and said: "You were with Arthit. I smell him." 

Kit finally noticed that Ming was wearing his leather jacket and asked him, very casually telepathically: "Where are you going?" Ming rubbed his face against Kit and said: "To Beam's planet. Adrestia's orders. Why? You gonna miss me?" Kit harrumphed and said: "As if." Ming sighed. He then whispered: "Hopefully, you are going to give me a final answer soon. I am already avoiding the mating topic with my parents. But you are touching your twenty fifth birthday in a few days. You will be asked to choose a mate by your people." He raised his head and met Kit's eyes: "So, soon you will have to choose. Whether should I have hope about us or not." And he kissed Kit's forehead before he got up and walked away. He was heading for his single fighter to reach Beam's planet. Kit was not worried, Ming would be fine. 

But still, his words just made Kit feel weird. Seriously, why did Ming not understand? Kit's parents would never accept a wolf as their son's mate. They were allies from a long time which was good. Very good. But this kind of thing would never happen. The galaxy rarely allowed mixed mating. Why was he even having such thoughts about Ming? He blushed as he remembered their kiss the other time. Ming was just a good kisser, Kit thought. "I am not infatuated with him.", he said to himself as he took his human form. He sighed as he realised that he was not even convincing himself and went into his room. He headed straight for his shower. Too many scents were on him. He frowned as he remembered how he was telling Arthit that Adrestia wanted to pet him. Then Arthit too felt asleep on him. And then Ming came and hugged the hell of him. Exactly what were they taking him to be? Their freaking plushie? He growled in annoyance.