Chapter 23

Arthit kept on checking Kongpob's pulse. His heart was beating very weakly. The thing that was worrying Arthit the most was that Kongpob kept on gaining consciousness to throw up blood and he fainted again. It was like his metabolism was pushing all the poison out of his body. Arthit had removed his t shirt to wipe off the blood on Kongpob's mouth and chin. He checked his pulse again. It was still weak. He glanced at the screen. They were twenty five minutes from their destination. What destination? Arthit could not understand more on the screen. He knew that they could not return to the headquarters. It was now compromised. He frowned. Then where?

That was the longest journey of his life. The minutes were moving so slowly. And when they finally arrived and the robotic voice said: "Private residence reached." Arthit instantly opened the ship and saw that they had come into an underground garage. He hurriedly got out of the ship. If Kongpob had gotten them here, it should be safe. He dragged the unconscious Kongpob out. And took him in his arms. He was glad that he was strong enough to carry the lean body of Kongpob to the door.  A door to what exactly? He did not know. But the entrance was a pain. A real pain in the ass. There was a scanner there. A female robotic voice asked: "Stand still, please." A large beep was heard. And a lazer beam of light started to move from the top of the door and Arthit watched it descend as he tapped his feet, irritated. "Could you hurry, lady???", he said, frustrated.

Kongpob was still out cold in his arms. He hoisted him higher in his arms and heard the female robotic voice announce: "Welcome, Arthit." He instantly looked at the door with widened eyes. "What the hell?", he said in shock. A body recognition system? When had Kongpob added Arthit's features into this? He shook his head and brought Kongpob inside. As soon as he got inside, the door locked right away with another beep. He walked into a corridor and he entered a living room. He placed Kongpob gently on the sofa and knelt in front of him. He whispered as he stroked his assassin's hair: "I don't have a clue what to do, Kongpob. I wished I could help you right now." He checked his pulse again and it was still weak. How was he supposed to help him? He glanced at his assassin's clothes and looked around for a pair of scissors. He needed to remove these dirty clothes.

He whispered: "I'll be right back." He walked to the other room and saw a full equipped kitchen. He opened the drawers and thankfully found a pair of scissors. He walked back to his soulmate and carefully cut the leather top. He sat on the sofa and made Kongob lean on him as he removed it. He got up and glanced at the leather pants that Kongpob was wearing. He decided to leave the pants for later. He was going to be distracted otherwise. He glanced at him again and checked his pulse again. Still the same. He went to search for amenities again. He came back with a wet towel and bucket. He wiped Kongpob's face thoroughly. He was also tracing his features. The videos he had seen in the marble were very old. Nearly six or seven years ago. And now, he was seeing his mate as he was now. A handsome face for sure. He smiled sadly. "Just get up already, love.", he whispered.

He slowly wiped his soulmate's neck. The part where the shuriken cut him was still swollen and purple like. His eyes burned. He really wanted to cry. He whispered: "Slate, make him come back to me, please." He wiped Kongpob's chest next and he sat down on the floor next to the sofa. He grabbed his soulmate's hand to keep on checking on his pulse. He was not going to lose hope. Kongpob was strong. He would fight this poison. He must. He kissed his soulmate's hand tenderly and prayed to the gods. They needed to get his Kongpob well. 

His eyes were still closed when he was suddenly slammed on the floor. He lost his breath and winced as his back hit the floor. Startled, he opened his eyes to stare into two unblinking cold gold eyes. The cat opened its mouth wide and yawned, his heavy paws forcing Arthit to remain on the ground. Arthit remained still on the floor. A werecat? No, it did not seem like a werecat. Arthit was sure it was just a cat. The cat started to sniffle his chest and Arthit noticed that he was still shirtless as the whiskers  of the cat tickled him. He laughed as he tried to push it away. But it was a heavy cat and Arthit could not move it easily. He finally sat up with much difficulty and the cat continued to nuzzle his neck. Arthit raised his hand and stroked its head. He said: "You are huge."