Chapter 44

Adrestia instinctively hugged the boy to him. Slate stirred and he just watched them. He did not even react when Kongpob said: "He is one of us." Kongpob rubbed the trembling boy's back and whispered: "Just relax. We are not her. We won't hurt you." The boy whispered against his bloody jacket: "I hate her. She kept hurting me. I don't want to go back there." Kongpob blinked his tears away. He tried to reassure the child: "You won't have to. She is dead. See the blood on me? It's hers." He leaned back and the boy watched his eyes looking for sincerity and then he sighed in relief because he knew the man in front of him was not lying. He would not be taken there again. His tears started to fall. He whispered: "Thank you.." 

He turned to the unconscious vampire longingly. Kongpob said: "Where were you when he came to save you?" The boy's eyes showed pain as he replied: "Where I have always been. In an underground cell." Kit gasped. Beam looked at his mate and tightened his hold on his hand. How did he hear the little boy and rush to help him? How did he know? The boy walked to him and smiled at Beam. He sat next to him, waiting patiently for his saviour to wake up. Beam patted his head and Rome came to sit next to the boy. The boy instantly looked up at him warily. And when Rome smiled at him and tried to touch him, he jerked away. He said: "You.. you.. Don't touch me.." Rome removed his hand and said: "Okay.. Don't worry, I won't." He switched to the other side of Beam and the boy sat down quietly without looking at Rome at all.

Kongpob watched the scene carefully and came to Korn. He said: "Find Bright. Tell him it's urgent." Korn nodded. He looked at the sleeping dragon shifter on his lap and brushed his hair softly. "Get Oak to heal his burns when we get back, please." Kongpob smirked at him and said: "Shall I also confess on your behalf?" Korn glared at him. But the glare made no effect on Kongpob who just chuckled. He said to Slate: "When we get home, we are going to do it, Slatey." Slate smiled faintly and said quietly: "I am Slate to you.." And both Arthit and Kongpob smiled. Arthit replied: "Yes Slatey only for me, right?" And Slate nodded. "Do what though?", Arthit asked. Kongpob froze. Slate rolled his eyes and said to Arthit: "Something that you would know when we come back. No more questions on this topic now." Arthit said: "Ohh a surprise? I like surprises."

They finally arrived to the elf planet where Oak and Tew were waiting for them. Tew instantly inspected his friends and paled as he saw Forth being carried by his mate. Oak patted his arm: "I am pretty sure he is just unconscious. Let me check on him." When Beam walked away with Oak to his room, Tew's eyes widened as he saw a boy walking at Kongpob's side. The boy hid behind Kongpob shyly and Tew asked Kongpob telepathically: "Who is he?" "Pring's very recent subject for experimenting." Tew frowned as he thought about that disgusting woman and her despicable acts. He watched Kongpob and the latter sighed, saying: "I killed her, Tew. She is gone. You could not prevent me from meeting her. I met with her and Slate killed her." Tew nodded. 

The boy tugged on Kongpob's jacket and when Kongpob bent down, he asked: "Where is the vampire gone?" Kongpob smiled and placed his hand reassuringly on his little shoulder. He was careful to touch only his clothes, respecting the fact that the little boy was not ready to be touched. He said: "I'll take you there." And he raised his head instinctively to smile at his soulmate who came running. Arthit however frowned at him. He asked him telepathically as he walked to him: "Why are you covered in blood, demon boy?" Slate stayed silent and Arthit lifted his eyebrow at Kongpob, finding Slate's behaviour very strange. Kongpob simply shook his head and Arthit let it go for now. He simply bent down and smiled at the small boy. Slate stirred, watching their interaction carefully.

Arthit said: "Hi. I am the human prince Arthit and I love to dance. And you?" The little boy looked a little bemused with the sudden introduction but in front of the jovial human, it was hard to continue to be stoic. The smile of his soulmate was proof of this. The little boy said: "I- I- I am..." He fell silent. He was really lost on how was he supposed to introduce himself. Kit walked to him, crouched down and said softly to the boy: "Don't you want to have a name for yourself? That 0202 must not have been that cool, right?" The child averted his eyes shyly as he nodded. Arthit looked at Kit and the latter said: "What about Donald Duck? It's a really nice name for a child." Arthit looked at him in disgust. He turned to Ming and said: "Don't let him ever name your children. He sucks. Terribly." And the boy smiled faintly at their banter.