Chapter 63

Arthit sat back, drummed his fingers on the table and said out loudly: "So, it has been three days." Yes, three days since their argument at the beach. The most irritating part of it was that Kongpob refused to speak of it at all afterwards. Arthit frowned and stood up. He looked at the guys present and he said coldly: "I am tired of his stupidity and I am not willing to remain silent. I have a meeting with the demons today and I am going there. Whether he agrees to it or not." He then walked away. Tew stared at the door and then he chuckled. Kit sighed and leaned back on the sofa, yawning: "The way you are chuckling means it's a good thing he is going there without Kongpob?" Tew shrugged: "They are grown up adults." Kit closed his eyes and tried to sleep as he whispered: "I have my doubts on that." Tew smiled at that and he turned to look at his friend: "Sleepy again?" Kit nodded, his eyes closed. The oracle said: "You need to go home now. The wolves will take good care of you." Kit opened his eyes and stared at Tew who grinned at him: "Why are you speaking like this?"

Tew stood up and simply stared at the closed door as he said: "You will find out now. Forget about these two. They are going home too." Kit flinched when the door suddenly opened but Tew smiled at the panicking demon in front of him: "He is meeting with his in-laws on Neutrium. The Royals suite." Kongpob nodded and teleported again. Just when he reached his newly bought ship that he realised what Tew had said. He closed his eyes in exasperation and Slate said, longing in his voice: "In-laws, huh? Are we finally going to meet with her, Kongpob?" Kongpob opened his eyes again and replied in a cold voice: "I prayed that Arthit would change his mind but no, so yeah we are meeting with her." Hearing the coldness in his master's voice, Slate sighed and he retreated. This meeting was not going to end well. But he hoped there would be no fighting. He did not want to fight with his mother.

In the meanwhile, Arthit was smiling while he stood in front of his ship along with Bright as he saw Jake coming towards them. When the royal advisor finally stood in front of them, he bowed and said respectfully: "Your Highness." Arthit shook his head and patted his shoulder: "There is no need for this formality between us. So, could Yihwa really not come?" Jake shook his head as he raised his head: "I am afraid this meeting will have to be done by us only. By us, I mean me and our scholars." Arthit nodded, smiling warmly at him and Jake blushed as he explained: "The situation is such that the princess has been held by a family emergency." Now Arthit was tense: "Family emergency? Is the queen or the king okay?" Jake stared at him and then whispered: "The queen is indeed a bit feverish." Arthit nodded and sighed. Jake said: "As I told you, the purpose of this meeting was to finalise the purpose and agreement regarding the charitable organisation. This is why they sent me. We cannot afford to postpone this kind of meeting."

Jake finally acknowledged Bright by saying simply: "Congratulations on being the human king." Bright instantly shook his head as Arthit burst out laughing: "Please, I am not the human king." Seeing Jake looking confused, Arthit said: "Let's just say he is only the second human prince for now." Jake was about to nod his head when he suddenly looked behind Arthit and frowned, his demon coming forward a brief second. At the same time, Arthit felt someone's arm around his waist. He turned his head to look at Kongpob who smiled at him. "I am sorry for my late arrival.", said Kongpob and Arthit narrowed his eyes at this blatant lie. Jake cleared his throat and Arthit whispered to Kongpob: "Since you were so willing to accompany me, please do your own introduction and lower that scarf a little more." Slate said: "I told you that scarf sucked, Kongpob. And let that dumb-ass know who we are which is far more superior than he is."

Kongpob stared at Jake who stared back at him. Well, this was a great start, huh? He spoke to Bright: "So, Adrestia is THE assassin. So is K. And Kongpob is the demon prince. I am kinda stuck right now." Bright stammered out: "Smith. You are Smith!" Kongpob nodded and extended his hand as he said: "Hello, I am Smith, Arthit's...." Bright exclaimed: "Bodyguard! You are Arthit's bodyguard!" Now, everyone turned to stare at the metamorph like he had completely lost his mind. Bright said to Kongpob telepathically: "What? I am helping.." Kongpob closed his eyes in exasperation. And Slate was laughing his ass off. Jake shook Kongpob's hand, puffing his chest out and said: "I am the royal advisor of the demon planet." He then said to Arthit: "If you will follow me." Arthit nodded and he waved his hand at Bright to go with Jake while he spoke with Kongpob.