Chapter 46

One month later....

Arthit brushed his tears away and smiled weakly at Elijah. The latter did not smile back and walked to him, placing his head on Arthit's lap. He whispered: "It's fine. You can cry. I miss him too." Hearing this, Arthit wanted to tear up again. He played absently with Elijah's hair and said: "You have not gone with Bright?" Elijah shook his head, childishly rubbing it on Arthit's thigh: "He is afraid to face the truth. Afraid to face who I am and who he is." Arthit frowned. He could not exactly blame Bright. Arthit knew how it felt when his entire world just crumbled down in front of him. And this was exactly what happened to him. He whispered to Elijah: "Give him some time. He will come to talk to you." Arthit sighed, feeling his tears rolling on his cheeks again. He wished he could rely on time too. One month had passed by since that nightmare had occurred. Arthit still could not believe that he was now unbonded and that his soulmate was no longer with him. 

Oh he was never going to say that his Kongpob died. Because he could not make himself think that Kongpob was no longer of this world. That his Slatey was no longer of this world. He felt his stomach churn again and he said to Elijah: "I'll be right back, sweetheart." Elijah raised his head and looked at him in concern: "Do you want to throw up again?" Arthit smiled tightly and nodded as he got up. It had been weeks now since he was getting stomach bug that was making him throw up. He leaned over and threw up. He washed his mouth and looked at himself in the mirror. He understood why everyone was worried about him. His face showed it all. The toll of this past month. He closed his eyes and whispered: "You broke your promise, Kong. You were supposed to honor it. At least, I would not have been here, suffering on my own. I would have been with you wherever you are now."

Tew who was reaching over to open the bathroom door to check up on Arthit heard what the human said. He shook his head. This past month had created a resentment in Arthit. He no longer smiled like he did before. He did not eat properly. He just sat in his room and cried. Or he sat back and stared into space. Or he just ran to the bathroom like he did right now to throw up. Tew took a deep breath and came inside: "Again the stomach bug, Arthit? The medicines are not working? And how would they work? You are not eating well. You are not taking care of yourself at all." Arthit looked at him and said: "Bring him back, Tew and I swear I'll do everything you tell me." He then gave out a dry chuckle as he shook his head: "But no one knows where is he.. No one can find him.." Tew's heart broke at Arthit's monotone voice. He came forward and wrapped his arms around Arthit who broke down again in tears. 

Tew sighed and rubbed his back. A lot had happened in this past month. He said: "It's been one month now, Arthit. You need to get yourself together. You are now the human king. You have to take care of a whole planet. They are relying on you." Tew's mind went back to how it was one month ago.

One month back on the human planet..

The whole gang were shocked when the human operator announced in the speakers of their ship: "The human planet is currently locked down. No one is allowed to come inside. Please state your business and make appointments. If it is urgent, press 1 so that we can get in contact with you." Pha swore: "Are you fucking kidding me??" He exclaimed in the microphone: "Open up! Union's orders!! Right now!!" Tew's hands trembled. He looked at Beam who nodded and came to him. He held Tew's hand in his and vanished as Prem opened a path for them. They could not lose time to get in there legally. He needed to know what happened in there now. They came to stand in front of Adrestia's ship that was destroyed by the fire. The guards moved instantly and Tew halted, lifting his trembling hands up, Alyssa's cries still ringing in his ears: "Grandfather is killing them!! He is killing Papa"

He said to Beam who was currently trying to get near the destroyed ship: "Are they in there?" Beam said: "No. There is nothing here. No one. Everything is burnt up, Tew." Tew said to the guards marching in his direction cautiously: "I want to see the human prince. I am his friend." The guards pointed their guns towards him: "The human planet is on lock down. No one is allowed to meet the human prince. King's orders." Tew sighed. And in one second, he was in his oracle form, his wings shining in front of the guards. He spoke: "Are you seriously denying the request of an oracle? It's like inviting the Union to get messy with you which ah yes you are doing right now by not letting them enter the planet."