Chapter 35

Rome raised his hands, fear on his face. He whispered: "No harm was done guys. Your mates were just drunk." He glanced at his brother who stood some meters away and pleaded: "P'Forth, it was a mistake. You got to help me." Forth shrugged and calmly watched the others circle his little brother. He so deserved it.
Rome backed away even more as the three menacing guys continued to advance towards him. They all could hear his heart beating like crazy with fear. "The one who laughs first has to go get pink milk from the human planet.", said Adrestia to the others telepathically. "Pink milk??", exclaimed Korn. Ming asked: "Why should the milk be pink?" Slate chuckled: "Not fair, Kongpob. Dumping your responsibilities onto them is not cool." Adrestia hid his smirk as he replied: "You got to be wise in life."
In the meantime, the poor younger vampire was so terrified that those three males would really hurt him because of the drunk incident of last night that he called out for help. 

"P'Bright?"
"What?"
"Help me please. Those angry mates are going to kill me. I am so scared."
"Huh? Who are those mates you are talking about?"

"One has cold grey eyes, the other purple eyes. The.. the.. the third one has such a cold expression on his face."

"They are just messing with you, Rome. They won't do anything to you."

"They will!! please..."

But then Bright felt his chest contract painfully as he heard the fear intensify in Rome's voice. He felt his powers start to erupt from his hands. The urge to touch someone and to transform was getting stronger. He glanced at his hands in wonder and at the same time, he heard two voices in his head: "Bright?" It was Arthit and Waii. Beam at the very same second appeared in front of him, looking very concerned. And seeing a powerful elf in front of him, Bright instinctively touched him. He took a deep breath and felt the transformation happen. Beam frowned at him. Bright whispered: "He is in danger."
Beam lifted an eyebrow at Bright who was now looking just like him. "Who is in danger?!", he asked. But he was talking to thin air. Bright was gone. He had used Beam's power that he momentarily borrowed to teleport to Rome. 

Not wanting to lose the bet, Ming suddenly growled out, his wolf eyes out making Rome jump out of fear. Forth smiled as he shook his head at their antics. Their prank was going very well until 'Beam' teleported right in front of Rome and glared at the pranksters. Rome gasped in relief as he saw his brother in law's back in front of him protecting from those angry mates and hugged him tightly from behind. And as soon as Rome touched him, Bright lost his powers, becoming himself again. Even Rome could feel that sudden drain of energy. In fact, he felt how 'Beam' froze in his arms and how the atmosphere became so cold in the living room. He knew something was very wrong looking at everyone's faces. He tentatively moved his head and gasped as he realised that it was now Bright who was in front of him. Slate whispered: "Well oops. He let the cat got out of the bag."

The rest of the guys instantly stopped joking around. Ming swore. Adrestia moved ahead and grabbed Bright to get him out of there. Forth ran towards his brother and Ming told him: "Bright made it his decision to let you know about his secret. But you know very well that he did not want Rome to know about it." Forth nodded. He knew. Beam told him. He turned to his little brother and said: "Promise me that whatever you just saw you won't tell anyone." Rome, still very surprised and confused just nodded to what his brother was asking from him. He said: "I promise." But when the others walked away, he weakly sat on the floor as he realised that Bright was from a species that he had never seen before. And he was very powerful. Everyone felt that surge of power into the room when he teleported in front of him. But the funniest thing of all was that Rome was not able to guess what kind of species was Bright. He scratched his head in wonder. He had not paid attention to what his teacher told him about all the species in class. He was daydreaming at that time. Well shit, time to find out now.