Chapter 66

Arthit was fuming. He turned to glare at Kongpob: "You don't have to follow me. I can do it by myself. You will mess it up just like last time!!" Kongpob just smiled sweetly at him. Arthit felt a flutter in his heart at his smile but he glared at Kongpob harder. He turned his back and resumed to walk to his destination. Kongpob would not listen to him, so he was going to ignore him. He muttered to himself: "Damn stubborn demon, he never listens when I speak to him. I am just going there to find out if they now know who is Kongpob.. and ask Yihwa what nonsense were those scholars spouting!" He instinctively touched his belly as he thought about it. Arthit clenched his fists in anger and walked faster. He needed to know more. Yihwa would surely tell him about it. He raised his eyes and saw her standing there, smiling at him.

She met him halfway and said: "Hi Arthit!!! How are you?" The beautiful demoness hugged Arthit and said: "You are finally looking more alive. Did something good happen?" Arthit smiled at her. It was good to see her again. She was the one that made Arthit feel better during this two months. He did not know if it was because she was from the demon planet but Arthit liked to be with her. The way she spoke, the way her eyes often changed colour just his Kong always did, the way she growled when she was angry. All these had made Arthit feel closer to someone who he could not meet anymore. Touched by her always present and silent support, he hugged her tighter for a moment. And then he let her go with an absent smile on his face.

Yihwa touched his arm and said: "Hey, are you okay? You seem lost in thoughts." Arthit shook his head and said: "How is your mother?" Yihwa sighed and said: "She is as always-" A loud commotion was heard and both Arthit and Yihwa got up, worried to know what had happened. Meanwhile, Kongpob clenched his teeth and tried to take his arm as gently as he could from Diana's hold. Slate shouted: "It's mommy, Kongpob!! Can't you see it's mommy!!!" Kongpob said coldly: "This is not our mother, Slate. Shut it down, please." Slate whispered: "But....." Kongpob warned him: "Do as I say." Slate blinked his tears away and shut his mouth, making himself small. He just stared at his mother longingly and watched Kongpob deny his mother's claims. He yearned to answer her: "Yes, mommy. It is US. Your Kongpob and Slatey." He suddenly looked for Arthit, knowing Arthit would do something. And when he saw Arthit coming towards them, he crossed his fingers, hoping that his favorite human would do something.

As Arthit walked to the scene, he saw Kongpob standing there, looking very exasperated. A lady was holding his arm, saying: "But I know. My heart is telling me that you are my son. My Kongpob. I knew you were alive. I knew one day you would come back to me. My son. My life. When Jake told me that a demon came to them, I hoped it was you. And yes, it is you. My son, Kongpob." Kongpob turned to look at her and removed her hand from his arm again: "I am very sorry, ma'am. But I am not who you think I am. You are mistaken." Yihwa started to walk towards them and Arthit stopped her.

He said quietly, his eyes locked to the scene in front of him: "Let's not interfere, Yihwa. Let them be for a moment." Yihwa protested: "But.." Arthit shook his head, his eyes not moving from the scene in front of him: "Trust me." He was going to stay back because he knew Kongpob was going to crack in any second. He would have to."Doing something like this will be difficult just like you said but I promise I will be at your side at every step of it, Kong." He remembered how he had promised Kongpob this when they were planning to make a new beginning. So yes, for Kongpob to face his future as a new person, he would have to face his past first. And his mother was the first obstacle Kongpob would have to face first. Whether his mother had truly brought him to the labs where he was experimented on or not. Time for Kongpob to know the truth.

Yihwa looked unsure but still listened to Arthit. And they watched as the queen started to cry. "You are lying. I am not mistaken. I would recognise you anywhere, Kong baby. Come back home, please." "I told you, I am not Kongpob. I am-", Kongpob started to say and stopped. Arthit's heart broke as he saw that mother cry in front of him. She did not deserve to cry because she was right. Kongpob was her son. He could not bear it any longer. He walked to them and said: "Go ahead. You are? Smith again??" Kongpob looked at him and said: "I am not Kongpob. Are you done? Can we go now?" Arthit glared at him and said: "I think that lady asked you something. Your name is?" But Kongpob got to escape the question as the queen walked to Arthit and said softly: "Arthit? My Alyssa's son?"