Chapter 40

Arthit smiled as he laid on his stomach and traced his finger on his favorite assassin's face. His so innocent looking sleeping face. Well, yes it had been a shock for Arthit too when he was still talking after their making out to find that his soulmate was sound asleep and not listening to him. He had not seen Kongpob take naps ever before. He smiled and whispered: "He must have been really tired." He chuckled and kissed his cheek gently before leaving the bed. He needed to do something. He took his gifts and hid them in a secure place. He then went outside the room.

And just when he entered the living room, Kit rushed and dragged him away. "Guess what??", exclaimed Kit, all excited. Arthit looked at him expectantly and Kit said: "I got it!!" "Show me", asked Arthit and Kit removed the box from his pocket. He opened it carefully and Arthit gasped. They shared a smile and high fived. Beam's valentine gift for Forth was ready. Arthit said: "Now the plan to create a romantic atmosphere." "Huh?", asked Kit in confusion. Arthit explained: "You know like perfumed candles.. rose petals on the bed.." Kit went red and said: "You humans are so..." And Arthit grinned: "That we are. You got your gift for Ming?" Kit glared at him and reluctantly nodded. "What is it?", asked Arthit and when Kit showed him, he said: "These are so pretty." Kit blushed again. When he had asked his father for this, the latter was surprised and he even asked Kit: "Are you sure?" And Kit had said: "It's his now." He closed his hand over it and he said to Arthit: "This romantic atmosphere that we need to set up has to be in their room right?" And Arthit nodded. So, they needed to get the room ready. They were talking about it when they heard a sharp cry of pain. 

They rushed towards the sound and at the same time, Adrestia appeared in front of Arthit protectively. Kit hissed as he saw the scene in front of him. Yo was on the floor and Chiara was crying. "Mommy" She was kneeling next to Yo, her little hands on Yo's chest and Kit went to her. He took Chiara in his arms to comfort her as Tew rushed over to examine Yo. He said: "He is just unconscious." Adrestia asked Chiara: "What happened, sweetheart?" Chiara looked at him and held her arms at him. Adrestia took her in his arms and she hugged him tight. Arthit's heart broke as he heard her whisper brokenly: "Mommy..said his head hurts and he fell down.." He walked to them and held her little hands in comfort. Adrestia frowned at what the little girl had said and at the same time, Oak entered the room with Korn.

 Instantly, the room became less tense and Chiara breathed easily. Adrestia nodded his thanks to Korn who smiled at Chiara: "Mommy is fine, baby." Korn had used his power to amplify emotions slightly and tried to make Chiara more relaxed. Oak turned to her: "Korn is right. He is just tired. Look, he is awake now." And indeed, Yo stirred, groaning slightly in pain. Oak placed his hands on his head and Yo breathed in relief. When Chiara slipped down from Adrestia's arms and ran to Yo, Oak stood up and came to Adrestia: "There is no injury on him and yet he fell unconscious because of a severe pain on his head. Find his mate, Adrestia." Adrestia raised his head and looked at Yo who looked back at him with worry reflecting in his eyes. Yo knew what happened. He knew the pain was too much to Pha that he unconsciously opened their mating telepathic path. And here on the elf planet, Yo suffered momentarily his pain. Yo was suddenly very afraid. For five years, their link stayed dormant, Yo refusing to break it but also refusing to use it. And now that they were close again, the link was stronger, the reason why Yo felt Pha's pain. Adrestia, Kit and Korn left the room. They needed to get to Pha to find out more about it. Adrestia walked alongside Kit and ordered Korn: "Find him as soon as possible. I'll get the rest ready."

One hour later..

Ming entered the dark room silently and grabbed the first guard. And wordlessly cut his throat. And said to his mate: "One down." Kit was already ahead him and grabbed the startled second guard who never heard him coming: "Two down" as he killed him. Ming chuckled in his mind: "It's a tie." Kit said to him: "If I win, one week of back massage from you. Your hands are magic." Ming groaned. No way. Everything else except those back massages. They were a real torture for Ming. Kit usually kept on moaning too much and he always fell asleep afterwards. Kit winked at him as he killed the last guard. He won. He was going to get those back massages after all. Kit gave the OK signal to Beam and Adrestia.