Chapter 3

By now, everyone in the dining hall was staring at us. The noisy hall had become quiet all of a sudden.

" Adesua, is it really you? " he asked, coming towards me

Shey I be ghost ni

" Of course. You never told me you were coming to Lawrence High School. "
"I'm sorry. I lost my phone." He replied
Wow,he had changed a lot in the last two years. He was taller, thinner and more handsome.
Stop it. He's not into you.

Seeing him had only increased my feelings for him.I thought I was over him a year ago but it turns out that I wasn't. I left the hall to avoid embarrassing myself.
Gabriella found me in the room where I was reading.
" Adesua, do you know that guy you just talked to?" She asked
" Yes. Why are you asking?" I asked
" Ha,you have hit the jackpot." She replied
I didn't understand what she meant.

" What do you mean?" I asked

" Senior Debo is the most popular senior in this school. If he should so much as notice you, you are made."

I laughed. See this boy forming posh.
" Really?" I said still laughing.

" Of course. So many girls have been trying to get his attention but to no avail. I think he likes you."

" Me? No o. It's not possible. "
" It is. How long have you known him?"

" You this girl, stop disturbing my life with questions. " I said

" Abeg na."

" Fine. I've known him for nine years now. " I said to get her off my back

" And you two never fell for each other?"

" No we did not. And if you don't mind I would like to continue reading. " I replied, pretending to be angry.

" Sorry o Mrs Williamson. " she said and I laughed

" If I catch you. "

" What will you do?" She asked,throwing a pillow at me. I threw it back and we started a pillow fight in the room.
Even though we just met, I felt like I'd known her my whole life.
She was being too nice and I was beginning to think that there was something else involved but I later discovered that it was just her nature.

I made sure to copy the hostel and class time table from her before I slept.
..............................

The next day was a Sunday. According to Gabriella, service began at 9 am . We woke up at six to prepare for church. I was glad that the water from the tap was a bit warm because the weather was kind of cold.
I picked a long red dress from my locker to wear. I waited for Gabriella to finish dressing up so we could go to the dining hall together. Thankfully,  they allowed phones in the hostel because I don't know what I would have done if they didn't.
Most of the ss3 girls were still sleeping including the hostel prefect, senior Vivian.
" Gabby, are you still combing your hair?" I asked

" Before nko. Abi you think say na only you go fine ni. " she said and I had to smile.

" Be fast with it. It is already 6.45." I said
" So what? We still have time.  Some of our seniors have not even woken up."

" At this time?" I asked

" Look at you. Some people get to dining hall when everyone else is through with their food. "

" Na you sabi. Just hurry up and let us go."

" I am coming. "

We left the hostel five minutes later. We were laughing about something when I heard someone call my name and I turned around to see who it was.

OMG. It was him. Again.

" Adesua, can I talk to you for a second, alone?" He asked and I told Gabriella I would meet her at the dining.
" What do you want? " I asked
" You. " he replied

Whaaaaat?
Did I hear him right?

....   

Sorry for the late update. Don't forget to vote,comment and share. If you want the next chapter now, all you have to do is ask.

Thanks for reading 😗