Chapter 21

Akin's POV

I ended up asking Tolu to the dance when I found out that Debo had already asked Gabby. I was really angry because she had said yes to him.

"Are you okay?" I turned around and saw Tolu standing beside me.

"Of course, I am fine" I replied

"No,you're not. You're upset. Tell me what's wrong. "

" I don't want to "

"Come on,what are friends for?"

"Fine,it's about Gabby "

"What about her?"

"I......I don't know "

"Do you like her?"

"Yes, kind of"

"On a scale of one to ten? "

"Twelve"

"Man you've got it bad. That's a lot. I think you should tell her how you feel."

"No"

"Why not?"

"She likes him "

"Who?"

"Debo. I'm scared of rejection. "

"Akin, you are going to lose that girl to your best friend if you don't tell her how you feel now. You remember what happened last year,don't you? "

I nodded because I knew what she was talking about.

"Do you still have feelings for Debo?"

Man,did I just say that out loud?

"I'm really sorry for asking you that. I didn't realise I was thinking out loud."

"Nah,it's okay. I actually don't like him anymore. I've moved on. "

Wow,so fast.

I was surprised to see this side of Tolu. She was very friendly now that she wasn't dating Debo. I decided to take her advice and talk to Gabby but after the dance.

      *******
Friday night finally came. I had almost changed my mind about going because I couldn't stand seeing Gabby with my best friend.

"Guy,you still dey here?" Oba asked,tapping my shoulder.

"What time is it? " I asked

"It's a few minutes past six. The party is about to start. Let's go jare."

"Where is Debo?" I asked, noticing that his bed was empty.

"He's downstairs already. Gabriella is already wondering where you are."

"Gabby? "

"Yes,what's wrong with you?"

"What do you mean? "

He sat down beside me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I know you like her"

"Who?"

"Gabriella "

"How do you know? "

"One,you just told me. Two, I can see it in your eyes and three, I think she likes you too."

"How?"

"Because...........she told me."

What?

**************************

Hey guys,here's another chapter. I'm still wondering how this story is going to end. Anyway that won't be for now because we still have a long way to go with this story. Thank you for reading

Please vote and share.