Chapter 10

Femi's POV
I was so devastated when Chisom refused to be my girlfriend. We had been seatmates since we were in SS1 and she had always been nice to me.

Abeg who does she think she is?
I heard my alarm clock ring and I  turned it off immediately.

Was it Monday again?

I got up from my bed and went to take my bath. I couldn't believe that the mid-term break was over.
Back to Mr Daniel's boring classes.
Whyyyyyy?
I had just finished dressing up when I heard my mum calling me.
Not this woman again
I picked up my tie and went to answer her.
"Yes mum"
"Go and wake up your sisters up and get them ready for school."
Okay"
I went to their rooms and dragged them out of bed.
"Joy, wake up, Ire wake up. It's time to get ready for school. Wake up jor, I don't have time to waste o" I said and left their room .
My sisters took forever to get ready. U ended up leaving the house at quarter past eight.
These girls can never get ready for school on to me.  I ended up getting to school at nine o'clock .
My eyes scannedaround for Taieob. She was sitting beside Adesua . I walked over to her and said hi. She smiled at me and her smile warmed me from the inside .
Femi, thus one that you are looking at Taiwo like this ,hope all is well? Adesua asked
I quickly turned away and went for my seat.  I was only just in time because Mr Daniel entered the class just then.
This man again. Can't he skip Mondays for once?
We settled down for Biology immediately even though none of us wanted to have the class. I looked through my textbook and was delighted to see that our topic today was the best topic in Biology: REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM.
( I don't know why boys love this topic)
Everyone started contributing to the topic as we discussed on different topics including menstruation, pregnancy abortion and for the fist time in forever, the class was interesting.
He also did something  we didn't expect, he gave us his second period claiming that he had somewhere to go.
Was I dreaming?
I went to Taiwo's seat immediately he left. Fortunately for me, Adesua wasn't there.
"Hey I said
"Hi, why are you here? She asked
"I need to talk to you.
"About what?
Okay, this was going to be really bad.
"Us"
"What do you mean by 'Us?
"Taiwo,I know you might not believe this but I really like you."
Did I just say that out loud?
Feranmi closed the door of our class and went to the front of the class
"Announcement, announcement, Femi has a crush on Taiwo." He said and cleared his throat.
Guy, you try o. So it's no longer Chisom, it is now Taiwo. David said
"Guy no vex me today abeg and mind your business." I replied
"Chill now, no be fight na. Someone cannot play with you ni." David said
Oh no, they will never let me live it down.
I looked at Taiwo and I could tell that she was really embarrassed.
I quietly went back to my seat. The bell rang in the distance and everyone hissed. We had Maths so we quietly settled down for it because that man never misses his classes. He also likes to borrow other teacher's periods.
I wonder these teachers keep filling our heads with stuff thar we'll probably never need to know. What is an equation of a line? Do i need it to make money or open an account?
The following week Thursday was my birthday. I got to school before assembly which was quite unusual.
I was surprised when Adesua and Taiwo came to hug me and wish me happy birthday. They also gave me gifts which was unusual.
The boys gave me a thorough beating when we went out for sports. The best thing that happened was when I asked Taiwo out and she said yes.
I couldn't believe my luck.
Best birthday ever.