Chapter 32

Gabriella stared back at him in horror. No,what he said couldn't be true. Not after all these years,not when he was leaving.

And so she decided to ask him the first question that popped into her head.

"Why now? Why me? After all these years? What suddenly changed your mind? "

Debo took a huge breath to calm himself down before replying.

"I fought my feelings for you for so long. I tried to hide it,to convince myself it wasn't true,that it was just a silly crush that would go away with time but I couldn't get you out of my mind. These past few months, you've been all I could think about, day and night. Remember that dance earlier this year when Akin asked you out?"

Gabriella nodded

" I was jealous of him, jealous of my bestfriend and that was when I realised that I was in love with you"

"There's still one thing I don't understand. Why did you use me to make Adesua jealous? "

" I really wasn't trying to make her jealous. I wanted you in my life,as my girlfriend even if it was for a little while. I was jealous of Akin. Seeing the two of you together, everyday made my heart ache and I had to do something. I didn't even think it through. "

"Wait,why are we having this conversation now? On your last day here?"

"It's because I'd never forgive myself if I didn't tell you how I felt before I leave. I just want to let you know that you have a special place in my heart." He said, taking her hand and placing it on his chest. She could feel his heart racing.

**********
Debo's POV

I was still staring at her because I couldn't take my eyes off her. How could I have ignored the signs all this while?

"Gabriella, you are not saying anything. " I said, taking her hand

She blinked and looked at the floor. I could tell that she was really angry. She pulled her hand away and folded her arms.

"So,what exactly are you saying? "She asked

I moved closer and she took a step back making her tumble backwards. I quickly held her before she hit the floor.

For a moment, neither of us spoke. We just stared at each other as our faces got closer and closer.

Gabriella's POV

I was lost in his eyes and my heart was racing faster than usual. He moved closer and I'm pretty sure he would have kissed me if not for the loud voice that interrupted us just then.  I pulled away from Debo immediately and adjusted my skirt.

"Debo,what are you still doing here? We need to get dressed quickly. They are waiting for us in school o." Oba said before shaking my hand

"Gabriella,how far na? Anything for the boys? You know say today na our last day here o." He said and I smiled

" In your dreams. Anyway,I'll see you guys later. I need to get dressed." I said and went inside.

I saw Adesua immediately I entered the room and I noticed that she didn't look happy.

"Adesua,is everything okay?" I asked

"No,my dress is ruined." she replied, raising it up for me to see.

Apparently, she had accidentally burnt it in the front with her iron.

"I'm so sorry but we don't have time for this right now. Would you mind wearing one of my dresses. I actually bought two and I think we wear the same  size." I suggested

"Awwwn. Thank you so much. You are a lifesaver. Can I wear the black?"

"Anyone you choose is fine with me. " I replied, sitting down to apply my makeup

"So why did Debo call you?" She asked and I put down my makeup

"How did you know he was the one?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Because na only him fit make you comot from room like that." She replied

"Na you sabi." I replied and sat down on my bed

"But seriously what did he say?" she asked again, giggling this time. Chioma and Taiwo also came to sit down on my bed.

This girls sha

"Fine I'll tell you girls but you must promise not to tell anyone else" I said, looking at them one after the other.

Five minutes later

"OMG, so what did you tell him? "Chioma asked, squealed with laughter

"Actually, we didn't get to finish our conversation because we were interrupted. " I replied

"By who?" Taiwo chipped in

"Oba"

"That boy! Why did he come and spoil show na? Wait,if he hadn't interrupted you two? What would you have said? "Adesua asked and the three of them looked at me.

I couldn't answer that question

**********
Hey guys, here is another chapter. Thanks to everyone who has been reading and voting so far. I will try to update at least a chapter per day. We still some chapters to go before we end this book.

Till next time.