Chapter 27

Feranmi's POV
I was still pondering on how to get David to admit his feelings for Kehinde. Those two don't really see eye to eye on so many things. They can fight like Tom and Jerry especially in the hostel.

I wish I had popcorn

The SS3 students had started their waec examinations a week ago and we had just finished our second term examinations. I was terribly exhausted and I couldn't wait to go home for the Easter holidays.

Unfortunately for the SS3 students, they were stuck in  school till next term. Thank God I am not in SS3.

I looked at my wristwatch and I realised that it was almost time for lunch. I looked around and saw that David was sitting on his bed, reading his physics textbook.

"David, are you reading? " I asked

"No, I am picking beans. We have a test tomorrow and I am trying to study so please if you don't mind, I would like to continue reading. " he replied

"David, who kidnapped you? I've never seen you serious with a book before not to talk of Physics which happens to be your least favourite subject." I said

He didn't even bother replying so I took out my phone and opened WhatsApp. I turned on my data and messages started entering.  I had tons of messages from my aunt and mother who were asking
about my welfare.

My ex girlfriend, Cece also flooded my inbox.

Sixty seven messages from her alone.

Ah ah what happen na?

I later got tired of chatting and picked up my book to read.

First time in history

I dropped the book five minutes later because I couldn't understand what was in it. I'll just read it in the night jare.

Next day

I woke up feeling tired because I had only slept for five hours. I stood up and fell back on my bed. I got up again to take mt bath only to discover that there was no water.

Gbese re o

I quickly sent one of my juniors to help me fetch  water because I really needed to go back to sleep. David woke me up a few minutes later and told me to go and fetch my water myself.

Apparently, our house master had told us not to send the juniors on errands anymore, it was an order that came from the proprietress because she saw someone send her niece on an errand.

Double wahala  o

I sluggishly got up and collected my bucket which was in David's hand. We went to the well outside together. On our way, we saw the girls already coming out for breakfast.

Not fair. Why didn't their water finish na?

"Eeya, so your water has finished. Good for you. Sebi you were yabbing  us last week when our own water finished. Now it's your turn." Nifemi laughed

I hate that girl

So hostel boys got to school late, after assembly to be precise and to add salt to injury, we ended up not having any test again. So I studied for nothing.

I was so bummed. To think that I stayed up late for nothing.

I recently found out that Gabriella is now dating Akin.

How did those two eventually hook up?

Na their palaver be that o

I noticed Chioma and Kunle talking at the back of the class and I saw them smiling at  each other.

Biko, what happen na?

Another couple  again?

Not in this class. Things must change.

**********
Hey guys, I'm really sorry for the late update but I have been really busy. Thanks to everyone who has been reading and voting so far and commenting.
This chapter is dedicated to @ifetiwa.

See you soon.