Chapter 22

GABRIELLA'S POV

I was beginning to get worried when I saw that it was already seven o'clock and I couldn't find Akin anywhere. I was about to go and search for him when he walked in with Tolu.

My heart sank.

"Are you okay? " I turned around and saw Debo beside me. I smiled at him. He was really looking handsome tonight.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired. " I replied. I was glad my dress wasn't too tight.

Gabriella's dress

Gabriella's dress

(What's your favourite colour? Mine's blue)

"Would you like to dance?" He asked suddenly. I looked around and saw Akin dancing with Tolu and his hand was on her waist.

Can you imagine?

If he was trying to make me jealous by dancing with her, he was definitely succeeding. I didn't know what was wrong with me but I felt a pain in my heart.

Akin's POV

I kept staring at her even though I was dancing with Tolu. I could not stop thinking about what Oba said  in the room. Was it really true? I had to find out for myself.

"Akin, are you okay? You have been staring at Gabriella since we got here." Tolu asked

"No,it's just that Oba told me something before I left the room."

"That Gabriella likes you? "She asked, raising an eyebrow

I was shocked.

How did she know?

"How did you know? "

"He told me. I think you should talk to her before it's too late."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. She's alone now so hurry up before she goes away. "

"Thank you."

"Anytime "

I slowly walked towards Gabriella feeling nervous. I was really hoping that she wasn't going to say no.

GABRIELLA'S POV

I saw Akin approaching me and my heart started racing.

"Hey" he said with a smile.

"Hi" I replied

"Gabby,there is something I have to tell you. Can we go outside? "

I nodded as he took my hand and led me outside.

"What is it you want to tell me?" I asked

"Gabby, I know you and I have been friends for a really long time. You are beautiful, smart, kind and any guy would be lucky to call you his own and I want to be that guy. I've liked you for a really long time but I have been too scared to admit it because I saw how much you loved Debo. "

I stood there, unable to move. I could tell I was blushing badly because my cheeks were on fire.
I couldn't believe my ears. Nothing in this world prepared me for what he said next.

" Gabriella, will you be my girlfriend? "