Chapter 15

Akin's POV
    I was surprised to know what really happened between Debo and Gabriella last summer.

" Wait, so he was only using you to make Tolu jealous?" I asked

" Apparently yes but I didn't figure it out immediately. I felt so stupid when I found out. I just had to let go because I hate holding grudges. "

" But you let your best friend date him!"

" Well, they have feelings for each other so who am I to stop them?"

" You are a really good friend."
I said,taking her hand

I noticed her blushing and I smiled.
" Aww, thank you."

" Do you like Debo?" I asked

" Why are you asking?"

"I just want to know?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Why not? The fact that you don't want to tell me means your answer us yes."

"Fine,you are right."

" I knew it. Why do you still like him even after everything he did to you?"

"I really don't know but I still see him as a friend. I don't want to ruin anything so I've kept my feelings hidden. I don't know what is wrong with me. "

" It's okay. I totally understand. "

" Thank you. "

" So are you going to talk to him?" I asked

"Maybe. "

" Thank you."

We continued talking until lunch time was over. We had siesta for the next one hour but I didn't feel like sleeping. I walked Gabby back to her hostel after lunch.

" What were you and Gabby discussing? " Debo asked immediately I entered the room

" Nothing" I replied , climbing my bed.

He looked really sad and I wondered why. I didn't say anything. I really hope Gabby would be able to talk to him.

The following day was Monday and I didn't feel like getting up from my bed because I had stayed up all night chatting with Gabby on WhatsApp forgetting that I had to go to school today.

I hurriedly got dressed because I didn't want to be late for school. We had Chemistry test today.

I saw Debo still lying down on his bed while I was dressing up and I wondered what was wrong.

" Debo why are you still on your bed?" I asked

" Just leave me alone. I am not going to school today."

" You can't say that. We have Chemistry test this morning." I said

" All the more reason not to go."

I didn't know what to do anymore. I needed to get him out of bed and only one person would be perfect for the job. I had to get him to school and I needed her.