Chapter 41

Dedicated to tomixxxxxxx

Adesua's POV

My time in Lawrence high school was slowly coming to an end. It was finally December and time for us to write our final school exams. I couldn't be happier although the thought of my Jamb and Waec examinations next year scared the hell out of me.

Thankfully, Akin called me everyday to encourage me. He had gotten admission into the University of Lagos to study Computer Engineering. I was really happy for him.

Debo and I became friends again after much persuasion from Akin and Gabriella.

My experience here in Lawrence high school has been quite interesting although I've had my ups and downs.

********************

(Visiting day in the hostel, Second term SS3)

It was a beautiful Saturday morning and Gabriella and I had just finished washing our clothes. We were going to spread them when one of our juniors stopped us on the way.

"Good morning senior Adesua and senior Gabriella. Please I am looking for senior Atinuke. Her mother and sisters are waiting for her in the hall." She asked

I couldn't believe her parents flew in from Texas just to see their daughter.

Texas ko. Texas ni.

They must be wonderful parents indeed. Atinuke liked discussing about her family and she told us that the only reason why she was schooling in Nigeria was because her father wanted her to learn about the Nigerian culture.

"Wait here, let me call her for you." I replied, giving my bucket to Gabriella. I went back to the hostel to look for Atinuke. Fortunately for me, I found her on her bed,pressing her phone.

"Atinuke, your mum and sisters are here to see you." I said and she jumped off her bed immediately.

"Atinuke, are you okay? Why did you jump off your bed like that?" I asked

"Em,have you seen them yet?" She asked, scratching her head.

"No"

********

I managed to drag her out of the room to go and see her family. When we got to the hall, I was confused because I couldn't find her white mum anywhere. The only people I saw were a woman wearing a blouse and wrapper and two unkempt looking girls.

Oh no could they possibly be....?

"Atinuke, omo mi ,bawo ni?" The woman said, coming close to hug Atinuke. I had to step back because the woman had terrible body odour.

Yes it was that bad

Behind us,Gabriella was trying really hard not to laugh. I turned around and she gave me her 'I told you so' look. Truth was she told me that she suspected that Atinuke was lying about her family and pretty much everything else except her name.

Meanwhile, Atinuke stood there dumbfounded. She could not say anything because she had told so many lies about her family.

For instance, she said her father was of Nigerian descent but he was born abroad and he grew up in the States where he later met and fell in love with her mum whom was 'American '.

Long story short,she was really embarrassed when everyone discovered that she had been lying to us the entire time.

The actual truth was that she came from a poor home and she was just lucky enough to find someone to sponsor her education if not she wouldn't be in this school at all.

*********

Hallo. So here is another chapter to thank you guys for 7k reads. You're the best.

I'm so sad that this book is slowly coming to an end. Just a few more chapters and this book will be over.

Vote💥

Comment 💬

Share

Till next time