Chapter 35

Hello everyone,this chapter is specially dedicated to all my readers in Nigeria. Thank you so much for reading this book.

This chapter is much longer than most of the chapters in this book.

Enjoy.

Debo's POV

The ceremony had finally begun and it was getting really boring. Our principal had been talking for almost thirty minutes and so many of us were bored especially me.

I was really tired and I didn't really pay attention to the cultural dances that came up next.

I had spoken to Gabriella earlier and I was overjoyed when she agreed to be my girlfriend. I don't know why it took me so long to realise my feelings for her. I'd fallen for her since the day Akin asked her out and I had been jealous of their relationship until they broke up.

Don't blame me. I'm in love.

I had talked to Akin and he said he was okay with me asking Gabriella out. Someone nudged me just then and I turned to look at the person.

"Guy,me I never chop since morning o. Abeg when them go give us food? " Oba asked

"You don't know more than food." I replied

I couldn't believe that it was my last day here at Lawrence high school. The four years I spent here have been the best years of my life and I was going to miss everything about this place.

How had six years flown by so fast? I could clearly remember my first day in this school. I was in JSS3 then.

My final year in Lawrence high school had been really rough with a lot of experiences, both good and bad.

The good thing was that it was finally over.

FREEDOM AT LAST.

As I gave my speech, my mind went down memory lane from the first day I set foot in this school till now and I couldn't stop staring at the girl who I had eventually fallen for and who had accepted to be my girlfriend.

Life couldn't have been more perfect.

Adesua's POV

The holidays had only just begun and I couldn't wait for them to be over.  I missed all my friends in school especially Gabriella.

"Adesua! Adesua!!"

I quickly got off my bed and ran downstairs to answer my mum. I nearly fell off the stairs in my haste. I finally got to the kitchen where my mum was cooking.

"So I am here cooking and you are lying down in your room abi? Oya, go and wash the plates in the sink. As I was washing them, she kept dropping more and more things for me to wash.

Great,just great

Thankfully, the doorbell rang just then and my mum asked me to go and check who was at the door. I washed my hands and went to open the door. I closed it back in shock.

What was he doing here?

My mother came out of the kitchen just as Akin started ringing the doorbell again.

Remind me to destroy that doorbell next time.

"Adesua, open that door now." She said. I reluctantly opened the door and let Akin come inside.

"Good afternoon ma" Akin greeted, prostrating in front of my mother.

"Good afternoon young man. What are you doing in my house?"