Chapter 8

Taiwo's POV
Femi walked inside the class during break and asked me if I had seen Chisom and I shook my head.
How rude. He didn't even greet me.

Ugh. Boys can be so annoying.

Chisom entered the class just then and I told her that Femi was looking for her.

" Oh oh, why is that one looking for me?"
" Sorry to burst your bubble but he's coming here right now."

I sat down and crossed my legs to watch this drama.

Africa Magic channel ss2B

" Femi,I've told you times without number to leave me alone. You are so not my type. I said I am not interested or are you deaf ni?" She asked

" Calm down and stop barking like a dog."
Dog ko, cat ni.
" Femi, is it me you are talking to like that? "
" I sat down there enjoying the whole drama. Fortunately, every other person had gone out for break.
" Chill, I just wanted to ask you something? "

Here it comes

" And what is that?" Chisom asked angrily

" Will you be my girlfriend? " Femi asked

Chai. They must have forgotten that I'm still in the class.
I waited for Chisom's reply and I was shocked when it came.

" God forbid. I would rather kiss the toilet than agree to be your girlfriend.

Sister Chisom what happen na?

Fortunately, we were the only ones in class or else he would have been more humiliated.
.........
They stopped talking to each other after that day even though they sat down together.
I was in the library reading two days later when I saw him sitting beside me with his head resting on the table. I tapped him on the shoulder.

" Femi, are you okay? "I asked

" What is your business? "
" Sorry I was just asking."

"I'm sorry. I'm not in a good mood."

" What happened?"

" Is it not that Chisom girl that will be behaving like she's the finest girl in this school? "

" It's okay, just forget about it and move on. It's not the end of the world."
We continued talking until we heard the bell ring.

I sighed when I realised that we had chemistry. Fortunately he just told us to bring out our waec past questions in chemistry and solve that of 2014.

" Sir when should we submit? " Feranmi asked

Next year

" Tomorrow morning before assembly. "

Go and sleep jare

Chemistry ko, Biology ni.

We turned the class upside down immediately he left. Believe me when I say that we won an award last year for being the noisiest class in the whole school.

We still haven't changed even though winning that award was quite embarrassing.