Chapter 34

Gabriella's POV

I was really confused right now. I didn't know what to think. I was really scared of hurting Akin's feelings but I had to tell him the truth. I had to follow my heart and it was leaning towards someone else.

"Akin, I'm really sorry but......"

Akin didn't let me finish what I was saying.

"Don't worry, I understand "

"You do?"

"Yeah, your heart yearns for Debo. I noticed it when we were still together "

"How come you never said anything? "

"I didn't want to. It broke my heart when I discovered that you still had feelings for Debo. I don't blame you for choosing him. I just want you to be happy and if your happiness lies with him, I'm cool with it."

"Are you sure?" I asked

"Yeah but that doesn't mean that we can't still be friends,right? "

"Of course not. So,friends? "

"Friends " he said, shaking my hand

This was it.

This was goodbye. For us.

       *******
Akin's POV

I felt really hurt when she chose Debo. Well,at least I tried. I just want her to be happy. I smiled as I walked back to the hostel. I was almost there when I heard someone calling my name.

I turned around and saw Adesua walking towards me.

"So how did it go?" She asked, folding her arms

I shrugged

"She chose Debo right?"

I nodded

"I'm really sorry. I really thought she was going to choose you. I didn't know she still had feelings for him. "

"It's okay, I'm cool with it. I  think it's time I moved on."

"Wow,you took it quite well "

"Yeah. Can I have your number? "

"Why?"

"So I can call you sometime?"

"Sure,I'll just type it in your phone."

I gave her my phone and she typed her number in.

"How come we've never hung out before? "

"I don't know. I guess it's because of Debo and Gabriella. "

"I guess. I still appreciate your help. I'll miss you. "

"Yeah me too"

"So,are we friends now?"

"Sure, why not? " she replied and I hugged her.

"You look really lovely by the way." I said, taking time to admire her dress.

Wait,what did I just say?

********
(Thirty minutes later)

Debo's POV

I was looking for Gabriella when I ran into Adesua. She seemed happy about something.

"Hey, please have you seen Gabriella? I need to ask her something. " I said

"Yeah,she just went inside to get something. She should be out soon. See you later. " she replied and started walking away until I stopped her

"Wait "

"What?" She snapped at me

" I just want to know why you have been avoiding me since. What did I do to you? "

"Debo, you didn't do anything to me. I just didn't want to talk to you" she replied

"Adesua, I don't know what I've done to offend you but I want you to know that I'm sorry for whatever I might have done to hurt you. I don't want to leave things like this."

"Debo,I've told you that I'm not angry with you!"

"But you are raising your voice. It shows that you are still angry.

She took a deep breath and looked at me.

"Debo, I'm not angry with you. I was before but not any more. We used to be best friends. What happened to us exactly? "

I could not answer that question

*************

Hi guys, I'm back and here's a quick update to celebrate 5k+ reads on this books. I love you  all.

To everyone who was on team Akin, I am so sorry to disappoint you guys but I had to write this chapter this way.

Stay with me please.

We still have about ten chapters to go and probably a bonus chapter or two if you are not satisfied with the ending.

This book is not going to have a sequel because it would only ruin the purpose for which I wrote this book.

Till next time 💓💓💓💓