Chapter 38

Debo's POV

I know what you all are thinking right now. Probably that I am the worst boyfriend ever. Well you are right but I have my reasons.

The truth is that I was involved in a business deal with a guy named Simon but then I found out that he was dealing drugs so I backed out. Since then he had been calling me non stop.

So that fateful morning, he had called me three times and I ignored his calls. So the fourth time my phone rang, I was so angry that he was frustrating me that I didn't bother checking the caller ID.

I screamed at him that I was no longer interested and we should go our separate ways. It was after the caller hung up that I realised who I was talking to.

OH MY GOD! What have I done?

*********

"Please can you give her the phone?" I pleaded. I hoped that she would let me explain because she hadn't been picking my calls since that day and I really wanted to hear her voice. It was killing me inside that she had refused to talk to me.

"Okay,hold on a sec." I heard Adesua say and I began to pray that Gabby would collect the phone from her. I waited for almost two minutes before I heard  a muffled voice on the other end.

"Hello."

Man,I had missed hearing her voice. I knew I had hurt her and I could tell because her voice sounded like she had been crying.

I really wish I could go back in time and fix all of this.

"Gabriella, I know I am probably the last person you want to talk to right now but I want you to please listen to me. "

"Okay" she said after a while

I let out a sigh of relief. I slowly told her the truth from start to finish. I really hope she forgives me and we can start over. I was resuming school in September and I didn't want to leave like this.

Gabriella's POV

I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. Was he really telling the truth?

"Gabriella, I swear I'm not lying. " I heard him say

Wow,was he reading my mind?

I didn't know what to say to him. For the past three weeks, I haven't been myself. I was barely eating and it was showing. I had lost weight because of him. I didn't even know if he was telling the truth or not.

Should I forgive him?

Yes?

No?

But he hurt me!

I just have to let go.

I took a deep breath. I had to let go.

For us.

"Hello, are you still there?" I heard Debo say.

"Yes,I'm here" I replied

"So please can you find a place in your heart to forgive me? " he asked

I could picture him right now begging and I smiled.

"Yes but don't let it happen again " I replied

"Thank you so much. I love you babe."

"I love you too" I said and cut the call

Adesua hugged me and we both started squealing.

**************

Hallo,so I decided to do a double update.

Who else is happy for Gabriella and Debo?

Please check out my book :Meant to be and add it to your library.

I'm begging please

Thank you