☼12

"Jungkook?" Yoongi slowly walked into Jungkook's room, not expecting the boy to be sobbing ever so violently. He heard sniffing and he assumed Jungkook was just catching a cold, but he was mistaken. He was in literal tears.

"Y-Yoongi?" Jungkook sniffled and quickly went to wipe his eyes, but regardless Yoongi could tell he had been crying for a while.

Yoongi went into such a protective mood and instinctively climbed into Jungkook's bed, just to hold him softly and let him cry into his chest.

"Kooks, please.. tell me what's wrong?" Yoongi looked extremely concerned.

"It's so stupid. So fucking stupid. I'm so fucking stupid. I'm such a fuck up!" Jungkook sobbed harder.

"What? That's not true! Don't you dare fucking say that."

"But it is true! I pissed Taehyung off and I've only talked to him for a day. He apologized and all but I'm too embarrassed to even reply."

"What happened?"

"H-He called me cute and stuff.." Jungkook paused. "And I asked why he called me cute when he hasn't even seen me yet.."

"And?" Yoongi was wondering why that was a reason to go off on someone. That couldn't be the whole story.

"And he snapped at me.. he started asking me questions.. let me just show you the messages." Jungkook gave Yoongi his phone and Yoongi already knew where to go.

"Ah.. I see." Yoongi nodded while scrolling through their messages. "He didn't want you to think of him as a typical popular shallow dude. He must really care about how you think of him. Maybe, this goes way deeper than just you, Kookie. This has to be some kind of past trauma. Don't beat yourself up so hard like this. You always get so worked up."

"I-I know. I just— I shouldn't have assumed he was talking about looks. But what else could he have been talking about, Yoons? I just don't get it."

"You're the cutest little thing. In every fucking way, Jungkook. The way you speak, think, act, text.. all of it. You literally have the most adorable tweets and you started off the whole conversation with him telling him how cute he was. Sure, you do know what he looks like, but I'm sure that's not the only reason why you like him, correct?"

"You're right. I like him for so much more than that." Jungkook assured.

"I haven't seen you cry like this in a while.." Yoongi asked quite sadly. "Please come and talk to me, whenever you need to vent. Don't hold all of it in like this."

"You're just always so busy. I don't want to be a burden."

"Hey, you will never be a burden to me. I work hard for you guys. I will never regret overworking myself to support you guys."

"But I don't like it when you overwork yourself.. I want you to get rest and be happy." Jungkook sighed.

"Jungkook.. I am happy. This is my passion. If I have to sacrifice my sleep for a couple more songs, so be it. You guys deserve the world." Yoongi stated proudly.

Jungkook was so proud of Yoongi for getting so far in his independent music producer journey. He's always looked up to him and he wants to give him the whole universe. He practically helped raise him.

"As long as you're okay.. then I'm okay. I don't want to lose you to a stupid illness because you decided to work yourself to the bone."

"I'll be okay, Kooks. I promise. Now enough about me. Back to you. Why did you get so worked up over Taehyung so quickly?"

"I don't know.. I just really wanted to impress him and let him know that I admire him and think he's one of the most honest and down to earth people on this stupid platform. He just means a lot to me, okay?"

"Tell him that. Reassure him. And give him that chance to explain what's been going through his head."

"Okay.. Thank you.. again.." Jungkook sniffled once more.

Yoongi kissed Jungkook's head and cheek and chin and gave him kisses all over his face, even starting to tickle him, causing Jungkook to giggle through his soft tears.

"Ah, there's the laugh I love to hear.. You're amazing, Kooks. Never forget that."

"I love you so much." Jungkook's voiced cracked due to his strained throat but Yoongi stayed unfazed.

"I love you, Jungkook. Now go get your man."

And that's what Jungkook intended to do.