☼52

It had been a couple days since the two have officially talked. Taehyung, wanting to give Jungkook some place and Jungkook, wanting to simply be alone.

Taehyung knew he needed to speak first to clear the air.

There was no time to wait.

He was gonna fix this today.

-

Taehyung

Taehyung
Jungkook, please.
Talk to me.
Let me explain.

...

Taehyung
Jungkook, I really have to tell you something about that night..
Please hear me out.

...

Taehyung
I'm gonna call you
or maybe FaceTime
if you don't answer I'll leave you alone
but if you do you have to let me explain

..

Jungkook was ignoring all of his texts. Not to mention, due to Jungkook's passive aggressiveness, he changed the contact name for Taehyung.. to just Taehyung. No emoji. No nickname.

But Taehyung still had a good feeling Jungkook still read them all. And Jungkook knew Taehyung well enough to know he's gonna be persistent now.

Taehyung was hoping for a damn miracle at this point. He just needed to fully explain himself.

He pressed the FaceTime call button and waited and waited and waited..

Taehyung was just about to lose hope when..

Jungkook finally answered.

"..Hi, Taehyung." Jungkook spoke with the roughest voice. Taehyung was already saddened by what he saw on the screen. Jungkook's eyes were red and puffy. His lips were chapped. It's like the first thing he did when he woke up was cry.

That sight didn't even scare or sadden Taehyung the most.

What really got to him was that he was the one who caused this boy in front of him to be so devastated.

He somehow managed to hurt the boy he loved most.

He hurt Jungkook.

Like he said before, he won't ever forgive himself for this.

"I-I just—"

"You have like ten minutes or something." Jungkook quietly spoke up. "Ten minutes to keep lying I guess." He sniffled.

"I'm just gonna say it. At the end, you can do with it what you want." Taehyung exhaled deeply and then started telling Jungkook everything that happened that night.

-

"...and by the time I realized it wasn't really you and that you were actually miles and miles away.. the damage was already done. My mind tricked me into thinking you were right there. Right there with me. Talking to me. Touching me. Fuck.. I know this sounds so fucking stupid and you have no reason to believe me but just know I think about you every fucking second of the day, Jungkook. I always have and I'll never stop. You're my world and I really lo— I really care about you. So fucking much. I'm so stupid for hurting you when you put so much trust in me to protect your precious heart. I fucked up. I'll never forgive myself. I'll understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore."

"You're so stupid, Tae." Jungkook chuckled.

"Huh?" Taehyung was shocked but more shocked that Jungkook was smiling and laughing again.

"I didn't spend all these months investing myself in this relationship just for you to say that. You're not a bad guy at all. You just do a lot of stupid shit. But a lot of it seems to be out of your control. So I can't be completely mad at you for simply wishing I was there next to you. I'm just really jealous, I'll admit it for once. That Hoseok guy got to be with you— got to hold you— more than I have or even will—"

"Hey, don't say that. We will meet, okay?"

"When, Tae? ..When?" Jungkook sighed. "I thought you didn't want to anymore."

"Whenever you want to, Kookie. I've been waiting for you to be ready. Every time I brought it up, you got uncomfortable so I changed the subject. And soon enough I stopped bringing it up entirely."

"Ah, I'm so stupid for that. It's funny because now I'd do anything to just fucking meet you now. This whole situation lit a fire under my ass. Like if I don't make my move, I'm gonna lose you. I have to show you that you're really mine, Tae. We're not dating officially because we both decided it was best to not make anything truly official until we meet, right? Maybe, that was dumb because it's driving us both crazy. Maybe, it's just about time.."

Taehyung's eyes lit up, brighter than they ever have before. "So.. what you're saying is.."

"What I'm saying is.. Clear your fucking schedule because.. I'm coming to visit you.."

"..this weekend."

-
(You might want to actually read this A/N)

to clarify it's like Thursday for them
so they'll meet in like two days which may or may not be equivalent to two chapters before the actual meetup

depends on if I want more fluff or angst beforehand

OH WAIT
you guys can vote here

DEMOCRACY!!

comment here if u want only fluff chapters before the meetup (bc I'm giving u guys too much heartbreak)

comment here if u want only angst (bc u actually like drama)

comment if you want a bit of both? (bc ur confused)

I want ur opinions bECAUSE I STILL WANNA WRITE SUM STUFF BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY MEET

BUT NOW IM LEAVING IT UP TO YALL

and if no one votes then
I'll do what I think is best

and I don't think you would want that 😈

but I'm gonna keep y'all on the edge of ur seats until then mwaHAHAHAHAHHA