☼89

Jungkook immediately dashed into the next room, where Taehyung was currently waiting for him to hopefully finish reading Jimin's note

Taehyung didn't even read the note himself because he wanted this to be resolved between Jungkook and Jimin. But he did make sure to do his part and make sure Jungkook was multiple steps closer to actually accepting the note and eventually Jimin's apology.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook dashed into the room and hopped right on top of the older boy, who was only just patiently resting on the couch.

Taehyung groaned at Jungkook's sudden impact, later chuckling at his whole change of mood. Seconds later, he then looked at Jungkook confusedly when he found the younger boy intensely staring at him.

"Whoa, what's up, baby cakes? Why so hyper?" Taehyung asked in a tone of wonder. 

"Taehyung, I need you to do me a big favor!"

"Yes, baby?"

"Call Jimin and tell him to come over right now! But don't tell him I told you to! And don't tell him I'm here! Thanks, Tae! I love you!" Jungkook kisses Taehyung quickly and ran back into their shared room, not leaving Taehyung with any voice to respond.

Taehyung was all sorts of confused, but he simply did as asked.

-

"Oh? Uh.. are you home alone? I don't think Jungkook would want me with you alone. I don't even think he'd want me there at all."

"Jimin.. Just come over, please."

"Tae, it's just— It's not a good idea."

"Fuck that. You're been my best friend for years! Just come over and talk to me like we used to."

Taehyung could hear Jimin exhale over the phone, which could translate to another rejection or an exhale in agreement.

"...Okay. I'll be over in a second."

-

After maybe fifteen minutes, Jimin was already at their front door and looking quite nervous, for reasons even Jimin didn't completely know why. Taehyung opened the door and dragged Jimin inside, before he could even think to back out.

"Finally! Okay, now, sit down!" Taehyung pointed to the couch with an amused look, like something was definitely in store for Jimin.

Jimin did just that, with his legs closed tight and his hands set on his lap, in a tense and anxious manner. Taehyung sat next to him and started up a simple conversation about cats, which immediately grabbed Jimin's attention and allowed him to loosen up a bit.

Shortly after they started showing each other cute cat photos, Jungkook walked out of his room and Jimin was even more afraid than he was when he first stepped in.