☼110

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" Taehyung gasped as he saw Jungkook on his doorstep with no warning.

"I'm sorry I didn't call or anything. I just came straight here. I wanted to come here and ask you something in person."

"Oh. Okay? Come in."

-

"You want to what?"

"I want to move in with you." Jungkook said confidently. Taehyung was in a full excitement mode as he bounced around on his bed in glee.

"So you're on board? What made you finally agree to it?"

"Well.."

"Well?"

"Yoongi said some things and I thought about it and I think it was time for me to move on and move out completely."

"What do you mean? Wait- Are you only agreeing to move in with me because of you and Yoongi are having a fallout?" Taehyung asked and his whole body sulked disappointingly.

"No! I have been thinking about it for a while and if anything Yoongi held me back. He said I wouldn't be ready and it's still too soon for us. And a big part of it was that I didn't want to leave my best friend behind, but now it's crystal clear I should leave him behind and go my own way. And make my own decisions." Jungkook said with a hint of anger towards the end of that paragraph.

"Jungkook? Can I be a little brutally honest with you?"

Jungkook only sighed which only prompted Taehyung to continue.

"It seems like you're running from your problems."

"I am not! I'm just- jogging-away from them."

"Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung scolded Jungkook by using his full name and Jungkook gulped before speaking again.

"Okay, fine! I'm running a bit. But is that so bad?"

"You're really going to regret it, if you don't face this head on. The man is already as sick as it is. Are you sure you want to be on bad terms with him right now?"

"I don't want to but he sure faced me head on with the bullshit he said to me, so why should I play nice anymore?"

"God- What did he say?" Taehyung genuinely wondered what Yoongi could have possibly said to get Jungkook to be so cold with him right now.

"He said I don't deserve special treatment just because I was sexually assaulted. I wasn't even asking for any? I just wanted him to talk to me. But it's clear he just sees me as some disgusting freak who wants sympathy."

"Oh my god- he didn't." Taehyung gasped and then knew exactly why Jungkook was this hesitant to make up with Yoongi. That was a little too harsh on Yoongi's part too. And to hear that from your own best friend. To say something he knew would hurt Jungkook that bad.

That's rough.

"And Kook-ah! That's not true, baby cakes. You're still just as beautiful as you were before. That assault doesn't have to define you, you know? That doesn't have to shape who you are. You're the only one who gets to decide that."

"Really? But how? I just feel so used and dirty all the time."

"You just have to give yourself that power to say that you won't let this interfere with your life anymore. I know that shit is so hard. Jungkook, I'm here with you. I wasn't the one attacked but knowing that someone put their hands on you, it's fucking messing with me too. I wanted to beat that guy to a pulp but that would only get me in trouble and I really shouldn't go around fighting people anymore."