☼36

I literally never leave author's notes in the chapters, but I just have to thank everyone for reading, voting, and commenting! I really did NOT expect this book to take off as its currently doing..

It was just at 4k reads this morning and here I am about to go to bed.. and we're at 7k???

God, I love love love you guys and I love all of the support I've gotten and I truly hope I can keep this story as interesting and fluffy and angsty and Taekook-y as possible! 💞💞

Again, thank you SO much. 🗿

And now.. back to the regularly scheduled story..

"Could you just.. Get off your phone.. please.. for once." Yoongi complained.

Jungkook has been texting Taehyung for days, weeks, practically months on end and it was only just now starting to get on Yoongi's nerves. He let Jungkook have his fun for a while and now he expected Jungkook to pay attention to him again, but that wasn't the case.

"Jungkook.." No response.

"Jungkook." Yoongi said more sternly this time.

"Yah?" Jungkook asked without even looking up from his phone, clearly still texting Taehyung.

"I wanted to cuddle tonight and talk about some songs, but I assume you're still too busy?" Yoongi mumbled and started to stand up from their bed. Jungkook hurriedly shut off his phone and pulled Yoongi back down to the bed.

"I-I'm sorry.. I've just been so caught up.. I just really like him, Yoons." Jungkook looked at Yoongi, who was already staring at him as they now sat across from each other on the bed.

"I get it, okay? But it's like you're not even here sometimes."

"I-I—" Jungkook showed a flash of guilt on his face for neglecting his own best friend.

"Look.. I'm not trying to make you choose or whatever. But just remember who you've been friends with for years now over some boy you just met over the internet." Yoongi could feel himself filling up with an upsetting tone, but it was mostly protective with the younger boy. He just didn't want him getting hurt by falling for this Taehyung boy so quickly.

"I'm truly hearing you, Yoongi. I promise. I've been taking things really slowly. We've called a few times, but that's all. I can't even build up the courage to even FaceTime him or something." Jungkook explained how the progress was going with Taehyung. Jungkook didn't want Yoongi to feel like he was being irrational and unreasonable with the popular twitter boy. He's been taking it slow and being cautious.

"Just.. be careful. It really broke my heart to see you crying over him before. I just want you to be happy." Yoongi sighed.

"I will and I truly am happy right now. You and Seokjin have been basically my parents and I'll always love you for that. And I finally like a guy and he seems to like me too. I'm happy, Yoongi." Jungkook promised and he really did mean it.

He's had his guard up since the start. Deep down, he knows that Taehyung will accept him regardless, but he still had those thoughts of ultimate pessimism every now and then, but for the most part, he was.. happy.

The sound of Yoongi's voice popping up again snapped Jungkook right out of his own thoughts.

"Good. Now, can we please cuddle and can you please actually listen to me this time?" Yoongi pleaded. "I just want my Kooks back."

"You never lost me, Yoons. Okay, look. You have my full attention. My phone is off and on the nightstand. See?" Jungkook places his phone on the nightstand as said and pulled Yoongi closer into him. With that, Yoongi started excitedly explaining his entire thought process with his currently unfinished mixtape.

Jungkook felt extremely bad for accidentally and constantly casting Yoongi aside for Taehyung but he couldn't help but also feel just as bad for leaving Taehyung hanging on an important question that night.

Tae 💕

Tae
Could we maybe call and stay on call together while we sleep?
I feel like that could help me sleep a bit better with you on the other line, you know?
7:45 PM