☼53

"I know this is probably the worst time to ask and you don't have to tell me. I don't really deserve it right now but.. what was that thing you were planning for me?" Taehyung was curious ever since Jungkook said he planned something that sounded like a date for the both of them. He felt extremely guilty for ruining Jungkook's plans.

"Ah, yes.. It's totally fine.. I'll just tell you everything I'm assuming you wanna know. Okay, so hear me out." Jungkook started.

"I'm listening."

"It's really lame.. but uh.. so basically I felt bad for never giving into your request about the phone call where we would fall asleep with each other on the other line. It never happened because the timing was all wrong. I was too busy trying to make Yoongi happy with me, since I neglected him too much."

"Yeah, I remember." Taehyung clearly remembered how Jungkook was immediately honest with him that next day. He told him he was casually cuddling and casually sleeping next to with this Yoongi guy. Taehyung was jealous, but Jungkook reassured him right there that it was just out of pure friendship. That made Taehyung feel better in an instant.

Why couldn't Taehyung immediately come clean to Jungkook when things became a bit too intimate with Hoseok and tell him the truth? Why could Taehyung just tell Jungkook how desperate he was to have Jungkook finally standing beside him?

"So like.. I was up researching so hard on how to have the best online date, right? I was trying to make it up to you. It was gonna happen right after you got back from the class. I had finally prepared everything." He said sadly, with a dry laugh at the end.

"Jungkook.. I'm so sorry I ruined—"

"Hold on. Let me finish." Jungkook put a hand up to silence Taehyung before he started endlessly apologizing again.

"I understand that I fucked up in waiting too long to meet you. I won't let that slip past me again. As upset as I am, I still want to see you.. so bad. I still want to be with you, Tae. You hurt me but at the same time I was flattered. It's weird. You went out of your way to pretend this whole other dude was me so you could finally feel what it was like to be with me. I can't really stay mad at you for that. It's really cute, in its own dysfunctional way. I think I've kept you waiting for too long, Tae. I feel like it's been long enough. We need to meet in person and really talk things out in person. Because I'm truly certain about one thing."

"What's that?"

"I'm sure that once I see you. Once I realize you're right there.. right in front of me.. all of my anger will disappear. All of my jealousy will disappear. Why? Because you're the one that has my whole fucking heart, Tae. You didn't cheat on me or anything since we aren't dating and you don't seem like the kind of guy to cheat when you're officially in a relationship and officially with the one you care about. You were just aching to be with me. To hold me. Everything you did was all done with strange, but loving intentions. Because if you truly wanted Hoseok, you could easily leave me and go after him—"

"That's where I'm gonna stop you. I never once thought about Hoseok in any way compared to how I've always felt about you, Jungkook. I was silly in thinking he was you just for my own fantasies and my own impatience. But not once did I consider leaving you. I could never easily leave someone like you. Once I realized what I did.. I just wanted to meet you more and more. I needed to show you how much I care about you and only you." Taehyung explained. "I'm sorry for interrupting but I just had to make that clear."

"I see that now. I really do." Jungkook said quietly. "I don't want there to be this tension between us. I don't want this whole situation to stop us from being together."

"Me either."

"We need a change of pace. Something fun for both of us, before we meet up so we can be on good terms again." Jungkook was tired of being upset. Tired of letting his demons win. He was done with being so hesitant with what he wanted. He was breaking down his own walls because he finally realized something important.

He can't be truly dependent on Taehyung to be the one to tear down every one of his brick walls. He had to demolish them himself and then help Taehyung build a new wall.

But this wall would be different.

The wall is not just Jungkook's wall but Taehyung's as well.

It's the wall that keeps people together through all of the rough patches.

The wall called love.

The wall would be built to surround the both of them so no outside force could get in. No one could tear them apart if the wall was built to be even stronger and able to take more impact.

That's love isn't it?

You suffer together. You conquer together. You overcome together.

Jungkook was willing to build the biggest wall with Taehyung. To show him that nothing will ever come between them again.

But he had something to do first.

He needed to tear down his own wall. His secluded wall. With no windows, openings, or passageways. He needed to remove it all in order to let someone else help him build a new one with rooms and hallways. Something more spacious and decorated with memories to last a lifetime.

He wanted to build so many walls with Taehyung not against him. He's not the enemy. He's an ally.

He wanted to build something with Taehyung that resembled warmth and unity.

A house, to put it simply.

A house can be stronger than any single wall as it has other rooms alongside it. It can be a bit scary to have so many rooms and doors and windows that allowed people to see in. But that wouldn't matter if you're defending the house with someone else, right?

Jungkook also realized he couldn't just build a wall on top of a poorly made wall. Usually, when people remodel, they destroy and remove the first model to make more room for the newer one. Start from scratch.

That's what Jungkook needed to do. He needed to make room for Taehyung to fully enter his life. He needed to start from scratch and make room to let Taehyung into his territory without any hesitation.

Outside forces will always try to invade and take your own territory out of anger, jealousy, or spite. But it's ultimately up to the person who was invaded on what their next move is. Their next method of protection.

Only Jungkook can be in complete control of his own actions and reactions. He gets to choose how he wants to move forward from this. Taehyung also gets to choose how he wants to move forward from this.

That's what it takes when you're exclusively including another person in your life. You make sacrifices that better the both of you. They work together, not separately. That's how relationships stay well built. That's how they won't fall apart with a simple push of a finger from an intruder.

Things need to be mutual.

They both haven't been very fair to each other. They were both at fault. And now, Jungkook was choosing how he wanted to react to this.

He was taking control of his life. He was punching every demon square in the face one by one. He's going to make decisions he's passionate about and he's not going to let someone get in the way anymore.

He doesn't want to backtrack, he wants to progress.

He wants to progress with Taehyung alongside him.

He didn't want to fight alone anymore.

-

seems to me
that you guys want fluff

and for the people that voted for both
said to have more fluff than angst but to still include both in a way

I think I can do a lil something
to give the people what the want

the best of both worlds