Chapter 44

1 drink. 2 drinks. 3 drinks. 7. Zayn and Louis were just pouring drinks down like they were glasses of water. Not thinking about anything except what the alcohol is doing to their bodies.

"You're a great guy. Do you know that? Like so fucking great. Just fucking great." Louis slurs to Zayn.

Zayn laughs and hiccups a little at the same time. "I mean I know. No no I joke. You are too. You're so fucking great."

They were basically doing this for 20 minutes, just complimenting each other while tripping on their own feet into each other. Rather than watching the footy everyone seemed to watch them. They were quality entertainment.

Louis was trying to balance multiple beer cans on Zayn's head but failing miserably. "Gravity is such a weird concept. You put this can on your head and then BAM it falls down again....just crazy. It's so crazy. Life is just crazy." Louis blabbers on.

"Oh look Adams here." Zayn moves and the cans of beer drop to the floor again. "Adam, Adam, Adam." He chants, running up to him. "Hey babe." Adam smiles and kisses Zayn.

"Geez, I need to catch up aye?" He chuckles. "Hey everyone." He smiles and looks around the room, noticing two people he hasn't met before. Adam walks up to Liam and James. "Hey lads, I'm Adam, as you would've heard Zayn yelling. And you are?"

"I'm James." He says kindly.

"Liam." Liam mumbles quietly. He knew Adam would be attractive but he's way more Zayn's type than he ever was. He was extremely tall, muscular and had many tattoos down his arms that could be seen and I'm sure in many other places too. Zayn walks up beside him, and they did, they did look like a beautiful couple together. "You doing okay there?" Liam asks him, a slight bitterness in his voice.

"I am and now that Adams here, maybe..." he turns his head and looks at Adam. "..we can make Harry and Niall a little uncomfortable and have some fun in their bed?"

Adam smirks but shakes his head. "Maybe another time yeah." Zayn pouts but just agrees, continuing along with a bounce in his step to go talk to Niall. "Sorry about that, he's not normally like this. I actually haven't ever seen him drink this much before if I'm being honest."

"Yeah I know." Liam replies. "I mean I haven't seen Zayn much but from what I remember."

"What's the deal between you guys anyway?" Adam asks. "Did you go to school together or something?"

"Yeah yeah but we only met like half way through the last year." He answers and with that a realisation comes across Adam's face.

"Wait." He looks shocked at first but then content, as if he's not surprised in the slightest.

"You're Liam. You are the Liam." He smiles as he says it.

"Am I missing something here?" James chimes in.

"Your boyfriend Liam here used to date my Zayn." Adam starts explaining. "If I recall it was very serious because Zayn had never attached to someone before in that romantic way." James looks at Liam who's stood there quiet. "I mean I should probably thank you though. If it wasn't for you allowing him to open up, he would never have accepted my date." He was being sincere but the damage was done because Liam never mentioned to James once about a previous boyfriend. Just that he had a small fling with a guy that meant nothing. Which obviously was a lie but it was the easiest way to move on. "It's good to see you moving on and looking good though." Adam pats Liam on the shoulder. "I should probably go try control Zayn.

James turns to Liam. "Why didn't you tell me about Zayn?" He whispers. "Was it that serious that you felt the need not to tell me because you weren't over it?"