38.

Ana's POV
Walking outside with Justin's hand in mine, I felt sane for once in the last seven days. They didn't allow me to go outside because it was too 'dangerous' for me to be out there. Apparently many of the patients get hurt out here because they don't have security, but I knew I'd be just fine.

As we walk to the back of the gated area, we see a building with the words, "Doctors office," at the top printed in red. Justin opens the front door and I walk through the door into the almost empty building. There was furniture and a front desk, but no people.

"Do you think there's anyone here?" I ask Justin and he walks with me to a room in the back.  There was a young woman in scrubs looking at pictures of x-rays on a computer screen. "Excuse me?" Justin says and she turns around. "How may I help you?" She says and Justin hands her the small note the lady at the front desk had given him.

"Check for paranoid schizophrenia... they didn't check you up before they put you in the asylum?" She asks me and I shake my head no.  "They kind of just assumed I had it," and she furrows her eyebrows, "Odd." She walks us to a room to the right and there was this huge machine with a hole in the middle and a bed in the center. 

"We're going to do that after," the doctor says referring to the machine, "But first, I'm going to have to ask you a few questions," she says and I nod my head.  "Some of the questions can be answered by your..." she says looking at Justin and I say, "My boyfriend," and she nods her head. 

"And some others you can answer on your own," she says grabbing a sheet from one of the cabinets in the room.  She tells me I could sit on the medical bed so I do so.  She places the sheet over a clipboard and grabs a pen from her pants.  "Name?" "Ana Palvin," I say and I see Justin snooping around the room.  "Have you ever heard voices in your head Ana?" She asks and I reply, "No." and she writes a check mark on the chart she had. 

"Boyfriend," she says and Justin quickly closes one of the cabinets and stands next to me making me laugh as he acted like he wasn't just being nosy.  "Hm?" He says and the doctor asks him, "Has Ana ever claimed to see something that wasn't actually there?" She asks and he shakes his head leading her to write another check mark on her chart. 

"Does she ever have odd delusions?"  She asks him and he shakes his head replying with, "Never."  "Do you ever think the world is out to get you?" She asks me and I lightly laugh, "No," and she nods her head and proceeds to write yet another check mark. 

After about another twenty questions, she had finally filled up the chart. "So from these questions, I can say that you are at a healthy mental state. But I would still like to take a CT Scan, just to make sure that your brain and blood flow is the same with these results I have from the questions," she says and she leads me into the room in the back.

"Unfortunately, boyfriend, you're going to have to stay in the other room," she tells Justin and he stays in the other room. But we were still able to see each other from the huge glass window that separated the two rooms.

"Just lay down on the bed, and then when you hear the beep, don't move. I'm going to take some pictures of your brain, and after I've taken them, I'll let you know," she says and I nod my head as I then lay down. 

I see Justin outside the window and I laugh as I see he made a gesture with his hand.  He dragged his hand across his neck and hanged his head down to insinuate I was going to die.  He smiles as I playfully roll my eyes and begin laughing.

I hear the beep and I lay completely still.  "Just a few more seconds," she says and I don't say anything back as I stared into the big machine.  I hear another beep and the bed begins moving out of the machine.