Chapter Two

I parked my car on the road outside Ellie's apartment, and text her to let her know I was waiting. She appeared a little while later looking flustered, turning back, after realising she had forgotten her bag. I laughed and rolled down the window.

"Come on, we're gonna be late!" I shouted after her. She reappeared seconds later with her bag slung over her shoulder and ran to the car. Her brown curly hair bounced as she ran.

"I know, I'm sorry," she said when she got in.

"Of course you are, just like you're always sorry for making us late," I scolded playfully.

"Shut up Jamie, we can't all be perfect like you". I grimaced at her words, knowing I was far from perfect, and set out on our long-distance journey to the beach.

"Smoothie," I mumbled, taking my drink from the cup holder. She took a drink from hers and beamed at me.

"I love your smoothies," Ellie said, "but I could really go for a McDonald's breakfast right now."

"Well tough shit," I laughed, "We don't have time, and I'm on a diet."

"You're always on a diet! You don't even need to lose weight, you have the body of a goddess" she complimented.

"At least someone appreciates it," I joked, thinking back to mine and Adam's lack of sex life. I could see Ellie looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Adam's still not giving it up then?"

"Nope."

"Hmm... Maybe you need to mix it up a bit," she suggested.

"What do you mean mix it up a bit?" I was confused by her words.

"You know, try something new..." Ellie saw the look on my face and continued. "Like... You could try blindfolding each other, or using handcuffs, or toys..."

"I don't know-" I started, but was interrupted by Ellie's never-ending list of how to spice up my sex life.

"You could add another person, or watch porn together. Ice cubes are really fun in the bedroom... So is whipped cream, and chocolate sauce."

I cut her off with my laughter, "Are you finished talking about things I can't eat?"

"Sorry Jay, I forgot. But really, there are a million things you could do to nudge him a bit. Why don't we go shopping for some lingerie after work and make it impossible for him not to fuck you?"

I thought about it for a moment and realised it wasn't such a bad idea. I had been sexually frustrated for far too long, and I was horny pretty much all the time.

"Okay let's do it," I agreed. "And speaking of work, please tell me you have the lenses?"

"Of course I have the lenses! Do you think I'm stupid?"

"No, you're not stupid. But you did have to go back into your apartment just to get your bag," I laughed.

"Fair point..."

For the rest of the journey, we spoke mostly about work. Ellie and I had our own photography business that we started in college. It started pretty small, mainly based locally, but a couple of our photos ended up being used on websites of big companies, which brought a lot of attention. Now we travelled all over the place for events. Today we were shooting a beach wedding. We were both overly excited about spending the day in the sun.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The wedding shoot went perfect. The bride and groom looked beautiful and the scenery was breathtaking. Ellie and I always loved weddings because we could really capture the love of two people at its peak. But it saddened me to think about mine and Adam's relationship after seeing two people so content with each other.

"Left here," Ellie pulled me away from my thoughts as she directed me to the lingerie shop using Google Maps. I followed her directions and parked in a bay outside an Ann Summers store.

We made our way inside and Ellie started trying to persuade me to buy everything.

"Ooh get him a collar! Maybe he'll be into all that shit," she exclaimed, pointing over to the bondage section.

"No." I stated firmly, "I came in here for lingerie, and that's all I'm gonna leave with. Now, will you help me choose some, please... You know, be the helpful best friend that I know you can be."

She sighed and stomped over to the lingerie, filling a basket with several sets for me to try on before we made our way to the changing rooms.

I rolled my eyes as I noticed a corset in the basket, but Ellie convinced me to try it on anyway. And honestly, I looked hot.

"Unfortunately, it's just taken two of us fifteen minutes to get me into this, so I don't think this is much use to me." I sighed.

"It'll be fine, I'll just hide in the closet while you do your thing," she laughed, and I prayed that she was joking. "Okay, let's get you out of it and try the next one."

Ellie started to unfasten the corset as I was struggling to even breathe in it.

Seriously, how do people wear these damn things?

Ellie and I had been best friends for over ten years, so it wasn't strange that she was seeing me naked. However, it was strange that she was seeing me naked more times than my husband has recently. I frowned at the thought and rushed through trying the other lingerie sets on.

I finally got to the set that I had been eyeing up for the past fifteen minutes. It was a red lace bra with matching panties. It was so simple, yet it made me feel so sexy.

"Wow," Ellie said, staring at me, "that'll do the trick."

I laughed at her remark, suddenly feeling so confident, and hoped Adam would like it too. I quickly got out of the lingerie, and got dressed, then made my way to the checkout to pay for my new ensemble.

After leaving the shop, I drove Ellie home.

"I got a surprise for you," she said, grinning, I took a small bag from her and looked inside to see a set of handcuffs. She must have bought them while I was getting dressed.

"Ellie, I-"

"Plan B," she winked and got out of the car. I laughed silently and drove home to get ready for Adam to come home.