Chapter Thirty Four

A couple of hours into the party, everyone was getting drunk. The music was loud, and people were dancing. Ellie was sat on the sofa making out with Mark, and Alex had been sat at the dining table with Miranda for a while.

I was talking with a couple of people from college, who Ellie had invited. I noticed that Miranda looked at me a few times, and I wondered if Alex had told her.

When the doorbell rang, I excused myself from the conversation to open the door. I wasn't sure who it would be, as most of the guests were already here. But when I opened the door, I was shocked by who was there.

"Mona?" I said, looking at the model in front of me, "What are you doing here?"

"Jamie, hi... Is Alex here?" she asked and I frowned. I wasn't going to let this happen.

"What are you doing here Mona? I thought you were in Spain," I said.

"I was, but Ellie invited me, and I need to see Alex."

I couldn't believe that Ellie had invited her, after what she did to Alex. I didn't know how to respond to Mona, and eventually she got bored of waiting, and walked past me.

"Mona, wait!" I shouted, walking after her, "She doesn't want to see you."

I didn't know whether that was true or not, but I know I didn't want her to see her. But it was too late. I watched as Alex's expression turned to confused at the sight of her supermodel ex.

"Mona... What- why are you here?" she asked, and her eyes flickered to mine for a second.

This wasn't how I planned for the party to go down. My heart was racing at the idea of Alex realising she still loved Mona. I couldn't do anything about it now, but watch in horror, as it unfolds.

"Can we talk, please?" Mona asked, and Alex looked at me again, before agreeing to go somewhere quiet to talk.

I looked at Ellie who was smiling, and she gave me a thumbs up. I just sighed and walked away, trying to find a way to listen in on Alex and Mona's conversation.

"Mona, you shouldn't have come here," I heard Alex say. They were sat on the stairs, and I was standing at the bottom of the stairs out of sight.

"I'm so sorry Alex, for everything. I really am. I don't know why I took the money, your dad manipulated me. I wish I could take it back Alex. I've given your dad the money back, and I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere." Mona said. I sighed and closed my eyes, waiting to hear Alex's response.

"Mona... You can't just turn up at my door and expect everything to be back to normal. You broke my heart. What kind of person does that anyway? Like, honestly, did you really think I'd want you back after what you did?" Alex said, and I smiled, feeling relieved.

"Alex, it's only been a couple of weeks. I know you still love me." Mona sounded desperate.

"No, I don't."

"Is there someone else?" Mona asked quietly, and I was sure she didn't want to hear the answer.

"Yeah, there is," Alex said, "and she's perfect."

I darted back into the kitchen smiling like an idiot, as I heard Mona tell Alex she would leave. I heard the front door shut, then went back out into the hallway to see that Alex was still sitting on the stairs.

"Hey," I said, sitting next to her, and taking her hand in mine. "You okay?"

Alex didn't answer me. Instead, she put a hand behind my neck and pulled my lips to hers. I let her tongue slide into my mouth, and pushed mine against it. I moved one of my hands to her thigh, and ran it slowly along the inside of her leg.

Alex bit my lip hard, and I moaned, then returned the favour. I remembered telling her that I wanted to bite her neck, and decided that now was the time to do it.

"You're so fucking beautiful," I whispered in her ear, then ran my tongue from below her ear down to her neck. As I took her skin between my teeth, she released a low growl, and my insides burned.

I wanted to pull her upstairs to my room, but our kiss was so intense that I couldn't pull away from her. So we sat very uncomfortably on the stairs, our tongues writhing against eachothers, and our hands roaming around eachothers bodies.

"Oh my god!" I heard Ellie's voice, and my head automatically spun to face her.

She was standing at the bottom of stairs, looking up at us in disbelief. Mark stood next to her, trying to find something to look at that wasn't Alex and I.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, and pulled Mark back into the living room without another word.

"Ellie!" I shouted after her, but she either didn't hear me or chose not to respond.

"That's one way to tell her, I suppose," Alex joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Shit, she's gonna hate me," I said.

"Why would she hate you?" Alex asked, confused.

"Because I lied to her. I need to go and talk to her," I said.

Alex nodded, and I kissed her softly, wishing that Ellie hadn't interrupted us. Alex told me she was going to her room to get a break from the music, and I hoped she would be waiting there for me after I spoke to Ellie. I had never wanted her so badly. Maybe that was because Mona's surprise appearance made me jealous, or because Ellie saw us. I didn't care why, but I knew I needed her.

I walked through the party looking for Ellie, but she wasn't in the house. I walked through a cloud of smoke outside the back door. Clearly some of the guests invented their own smoking area. I noticed Ellie and Mark sitting on some patio chairs at the bottom of the garden.

As I approached them, Mark stood up and gave me an awkward smile, before leaving me alone with Ellie.