Background*

The sun's harsh rays bore down on a dry, littered, invisible country. A country that is ruled and governed by no one by the individuals who survive here. Due to the scorching heat, the ground is barren. There is no food. Only garbage from other countries. Shacks are what houses these ghostly individuals. Children excel in fighting, seeing as they have to fight for survival. Crumbling buildings make for hideouts. When the children grow up, they have no intention of living a normal life. They continue to fight, steal, and kill as if it were their only way of life.
It was.

This country does not exist by no official means. The mafia is what fuels this country. The people who live here or in the underworld refer to this place as Meteor city. Meteor city birthed one of the most dangerous criminals known as the Phantom Troupe. The leader, Chrollo Lucilfer founded the Phantom Troupe along with other members. Thirteen members total all bear a 12-legged spider tattoo one their body. They are feared throughout the world by those involved with the underworld. Assassins, mafia, petty thieves, and every other criminal has heard of the Phantom Troupe.

The founding members of the Phantom troupe include Chrollo lucilfer as the head of the infamous spider. As well as seven founding members, Feitan, Machi, Nobunaga, Franklin, Uvogin, Pakunoda, and Phinks. The last five joined later on after the troupe was formed. These last five are Shalnark, Kortopi, Hisoka, Shizuku, and Bonolenov. Each member has incredible strength as well as incredible nen abilities.

There is one young lady who associates with the Troupe. Although, she is not officially part of the troupe. She is Machi's younger sister, Miko Kenmochi. Miko lived in Meteor city with Machi as a child. She is a year younger than Machi. Miko has long, dark, brown hair that matches her icy, brown eyes. She has a slender figure that boosts her agility. She is the same height as Machi. In terms of strength, she rivals Phinks. Due to such comparison, there tends to be a bit of friendly competition between the two. Miko loved getting on Phink's nerves. To be precise, it's one of her favorite past times. Much to her dismay, Miko was not allowed to join the troupe. Therefore, she was not able to join their group missions. This was because of Machi. Despite being outwardly cold, she was protective of Miko. More than she'd care to admit. Miko's two best friends in the troupe are Feitan and Uvogin. She would drink and play with Uvogin as well as spar with Feitan. He also took her on some of his own jobs and missions.

It was a rather gloomy day. The troupe was in the current hideout near Yorknew in an abandoned town full of debris and unused apartment buildings. Miko sat on her window ledge admiring the grey clouds, slightly hoping to see some rain. Sunny, clear days bored her. Sure they were nice but they offered no excitement. Machi approached her sister with an interesting proposition for her.

"The hunter exam?" Miko questioned.