S I X

I kept my hands under the table as my mother-in-law was staring at me from the other end of the long dinner table.

The air was cold and it was kinda eerie for me. She didn't hate me. Of course not. But she crept me out most of the time.

"So Reyna, anything new about your art gallery?"

"Y-yes. I was thinking to add up a new section for sentimental pieces."

"Good for you. Is there anything else that we should know?"

There she goes again. All the eyes on the table glued on my guilty face.

I wanted to stand and make a run but my deadass noble mind said a big NO to all my cells. I didn't move even an inch.

"Mother, please. We will tell you if there's anything about pregnancy."

For once I was thankful that you speak up for me. Finally.

"Byun Baekhyun! It has been 3 years and still nothing? Are you both even trying? We need a heir too!"

And the peaceful dinner ended there. The war of words broke, and I sat in the middle of that with my head hung low.

A few beads of tears fell and I was glad that I didn't tie up my hair on that night. At least they wouldn't see that I was crying.

I was spacing out; rufused to hear to the argument.

Because I already knew where it would lead to. These people would never change. They were lame.

The conclusion : It's Byun Reyna's fault for not taking care of her own woman's health.

Oh mother.. you didn't know an important fact.

Your dearly son was the one who didn't want to have sex with me for months. Period.