T H I R T Y - O N E

I made myself busy with a sketch book and a HB pencil. I silenced my surrounding with iKON's sad songs, wearing my headphones at its highest volume.

"Sorry for doing this,"

Your apologetic expression before you exited the car all alone strucked my mind again. Of course, I couldn't say anything other than smiled and said that it was all fine as hell.

There I was, sitting far away from your seat in the plane, heading to New York 'alone'. I restrained myself from complaining about being too secretive on our marriage. The public need to know about us but that wasn't what my mother-in-law wanted. I obeyed her words again like an idiot I was.

A hand slightly nudged me and I jumped on my seat a bit, too startled to even react as fast as I could. I looked up after done recovering from the shock and the stewardess smiled sheepishly at me.

"Yes?"

I muted the song and fixed my sitting position. She was flustered as well a few seconds ago by my reaction.

"Sorry for making you flabbergasted. I am wondering whether you want to order anything, food or any kind of entertainment. Your friend told me that you're famish,"

"Friend? In this plane? Oh.. okay. Just get me some chocolate milk and any sweets that you have in the pantry. Thanks,"

I eyed you from the back. We were like 7 rows apart from each other and you didn't even check on me. Maybe it was just me who didn't realize whenever you took a peek on me. But I must to admit that you really did a good job in keeping 'us' as a secret.

"Thanks.."

I whispered to myself and hid my giggles behind my hair. The feeling of to be loved and to be in love was attacking from every angle.

You took care of me from afar.
You acted like you didn't care but you did care.
You tried your best to fix 'us'.
You loved me.
And I couldn't help myself but drowned in the sea of affection towards you.