Chapter 18

Dortmund, 18th August

Marco's POV

4 days passed after we played against Paraguay in the friendly match. It was a hard game. They were good. And in the end we just could have a draw. But it was okay, whatever the result, we had to take it for our introspection and motivation to be more better. Now we were already back to our club, to our activities.

In this 4 days, Mila called me twice. André was right, she called me right after the game against Paraguay and the other one was last night. We didn't talk too much. She just said that she was happy to see me was healthy and was able to play in the game. Just that. It was only about 5 minutes and there was no serious conversation. Last night she called me again and said that we had to meet and talk.

I took a deep breath when I parked my car on the side street, just across from the cafe where I and Mila would meet. I played my fingers on the steering wheel while looking around through the window and the car's rearview mirror. Was Mila already come? I wondered to myself. My palms began to sweat. I was restless. I didn't know what to say to start a conversation with her later. This tension was so real, more than the first time I asked her out.

After about some minutes stayed in the car, i decided to get out of my car. I looked at the clock on the dashboard of my car first, there was still about 7 minutes from the time that we agreed. Mila might be yet to come. She said, she had to go to the studio to do something first before she would go to here. I actually offered to pick her up, but she refused. She chose to go by bus because the distance from the studio was not too far to this place.

I walked half-ran when I got out of the car towards the cafe. That area was pretty crowded in the afternoons like this and I was too lazy to meet and greet if there was someone who recognized me.

Door bell rang when I walked into the cafe. A waiter immediately came over to ask what he could do for me. I looked around the restaurant. The restaurant was not too big, so it was easy to look around. My guess was right. Mila was yet to come.

I told the waiter that I was waiting for a someone. Then he took me to an empty table in the corner that wasn't too much visible from the entrance. The waiter gave me a menu and asked if i wanted to direct ordering food or not. I admired the way he served the guests. He was very friendly and courteous. He looked like Asian, but his German was very very good. In contrast to most other Asian people sometimes their speech was difficult to understand.

While waiting, i ordered a cold drink first. The day was very hot and my throat felt dry. A glass of fresh lemon could certainly refreshing the atmosphere.

Not long after, the waiter came back with my cool drink. He also put the extra liquid sugar in a small glass so I could add sugar according to my taste. I sipped my drink first. Really, I needed the extra sugar because it was too sour. I was stirring my drink with a straw when I heard the door bell rang again, a sign of someone had just came in. I immediately raised my head to see who was coming. Turned out it was her. My heart felt stopped beating for a moment when i saw she was walking towards me. O god, how could I let a woman like her got out of my life???

--

"Mil, are you sure that you wanna meet Reus?" Asked Gerda when we just arrived at the studio.

Today i had meeting with the boss and the management. Yesterday they called me that they already got a new announcer to replace me, so today we would talk about it. I knew roughly what I should do. I had to provide training and guidance to the new announcer so she could master my program.

"Yeah i'm sure, why?" I asked her back while putting my bag on my table. I took my 'Diddle' mug from my locker and walked to the coffee table near the entrance. I poured a packet of instant coffee into my mug and mixed it with hot water from the dispenser.