flutter || jensoo

Jennie is the butterflies in Jisoo's stomach.
ANGST
-

Flutter

"Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well."

The brunette enters the all too familiar flower shop as the lady gives her a soft smile.

"The same?" She asks. Jisoo simply nods, her eyes surveying the various bouquet arrangements, the very many she wished she was able to get, but never had the opportunity to. She started coming to Kim's Floral Arrangements seven months ago. The old woman had quickly learned to recognize the brown eyed woman as a regular customer. Those eyes were quite hard to forget. They looked as if they had lived much longer than the young woman appeared, seeing more than most her age.

The lady returns a few minutes later with a bundle of white lilies. "She's lucky you know." She compliments.

"Thank you." The younger woman says, placing the exact amount on the counter before heading out.

---
She remembers the feeling in the pit of her stomach the first time they met at YG. Out of all the other trainees in the cafeteria, she just so happened to sit down next to a girl who would eventually become her world.

"Hi. I'm Jennie Kim." The girl says, extending a hand. Jisoo remembers the black bow she had on her head.

"Kim Jisoo." She says, grabbing the girl's soft hand. Instant heat.

"Are you 15 too?" The younger girl asks curiously.

Lauren shakes her head. "16."

"Oh."

"How do you like training here so far?" She attempts to continue their small talk.

The girl shrugs. "Honestly, I didn't think it was that great... until now."

And then she smiled at her. Butterflies. So many damn butterflies.

---
The drive is automatic, the directions etched permanently in her subconscious. Press gas, turn signal, stop, wait three seconds, pull forward, turn, drive more, turn again... Jisoo wasn't even aware of her surroundings. She's just used to her hands on the wheel, maneuvering it robotically.

Before she knew it, she had pulled up to the gate, exiting the vehicle quickly as her feet made contact with the hard ground under the combat boots. Grabbing the flowers, she made her way down the gravel road. 74 steps forward, turn left, 42 more steps forward, look to your right, try not to cry as she'd done so many times.

---

It was her fourth year of being a trainee at YG. They sat in the garden, hidden in a world of floral brush. The brunette sitting sideways as she leaned against the bench of the gazebo, the girl in front of her, resting her head on Jisoo's chest, her back pressed fully to the girl's front.

"Jendeuk," the brunette began cautiously, taking the girl's left hand in her own before turning it around to glance at her wrist. "You have to stop this." She whispers, her thumb tracing the new abrasions on the girl's soft skin.

"I can't." Jennie mutters.

"Yes you can." Jisoo insisted, lacing her fingers between the smaller ones. "You must. Please, let me help you."

"I don't want to." The darker haired girl sighs.

"Don't want to stop? Or don't want me to help you?" The brunette asks, her voice cracking as her finger began tracing the metal band on the girl's ring finger. "I promise to be everything you need."

"Please, Chu, can we just drop it?" The girl pleads, turning her head to place a gentle kiss on her best friend's lips. Her heart fluttered.

"Jen, you're perfect." She tried to continue. She needed her to understand, to believe the way that she did, just how true the words she was speaking were; that Jennie was perfect, and meant everything in the world to her. "There are so many wonderful things about you. I just wish you could see that. I love -"