i wanna be your homecoming queen || chaelisa

Chaeyoung's POV

Tough decisions, heart followings and first times.

"You promised yourself on the trip back to Melbourne that you're done messing around and figuring out the secrets of life, and you promised to be honest with Chanyeol, with Lisa and above all, with yourself..."

"We need to talk."

-

You are now seated on an air plane flying back home, deep in thought staring at the back of the seat in front of you. You used to have a very clear idea of what 'home' is to you, that is before training at YG came into your life. It was easy enough, home was your house, your family, your bed, where you grew up in. And then, when you met the three girls that have become a second family to you, you started to find a home in them too, and all the terminology started to get fuzzy in your mind.

As time passed, Melbourne became a second home to Seoul, and in time to your bunk in your dorm . Your friends and family became second in the order of homes you started gathering, and that got you all kinds of messed up. You always had this motto; Don't make homes out of people. But how could you not, really? You slept in so many different beds, in different cities, you would fly back to Seoul from everywhere in Asia, but the only constant in all this shifting was one person. One beautiful, heartbroken, girl, that is sitting right next to you, with her headphones securely in her ears, her eyes glued to the airplane window shutting the world out. Or to be more specific, shutting you out. This has been going on for quite sometime now and it hurts but you can't really complain, because this fuckery is completely your doing.

You two have been through a lot together, also in a romantic way, but that all came to a stop when you decided to get your priorities straight, no puns intended. One random trip back to Melbourne, you were dumbfounded when you discovered that you lost all sense of home, the true home, the one you grew up in, the one with friends you grew up with, the one where there were no cameras and fans and silly expectations of you, and that's when you decided you and Chanyeol should start dating, and you and Lisa need to call it quits on whatever it was that was going on between the two of you. That was nearly six months ago, and it's been a struggle.

Your two homes are colliding fiercely. Chanyeol is everything you could ask for in a boyfriend. He knows you for ages already, he knows your history, he's funny, handsome, patient and supportive of you. He is, before everything, a good friend and that is priceless to you. But on the other hand, there is Lisa. You shoot a quick glance her way and you are surprised to see her eyes staring right back at you, eyebrows scrunched together tightly. Her features soften immediately from the scrutinizing look she was giving you a moment ago and a faint, tired smile etches her lips. Her eyes look so tired and you know this as well was your doing and you have to get it right because she is wonderful, and was wonderful all along. You love her. You love her in more ways you can even try to explain. You smile back at her and she averts her beautiful eyes back to staring out the window and it hurts.

It hurts because you want her, but you want to be sure. You want to be sure you got your priorities right this time, that you aren't rushing into anything with her when your mind hasn't caught up to your heart yet, and that's why you're going to prom with Chanyeol - One last chance. The moment you started dating Chanyeol, all romantic relations between you and Lisa have seized all together, there was no more Lisa and Chaeyoung. You know she has some sort of feelings for you though you aren't sure how strong, but by the way the two of you have been acting around each other and around the topic of Chanyeol, you guess they are strong and far from only being friendly. And although you haven't said anything to her, this trip back to Melbourne will be crucial to your future relationship status. You know you are going out on a limb here, because maybe she won't even want you back after all this time, but that's still far down the road for you at this point.