steal the show || chaelisa

After Blackpink, Chaeyoung began writing and releasing albums of her own. While on a short Australia tour, her family pays her a surprise visit at her Melbourne show. The gig is going well, but her daughter learnt from the best, and she quickly steals the show.

or a future fic where Chaeyoung is a solo artist, Lisa is her husband, and their daughter makes everyone melt(including himself).

-

"15 minutes Mrs. Park," someone called to the dressing room. Chaeyoung let out a resigned sigh and mumbled, "I always tell them to call me Chaeyoung." She looked up into the mirror mounted above the vanity she was currently standing at. The bright lights bordering the mirror lit up every small detail of Chaeyoung's face, like the faint laugh lines only visible if you were to stand too close to her. Over the past nine years, she has grown accustomed to performing, she didn't get as nervous as she used to. Now, Chaeyoung thrives on the feeling she used to hate, the butterflies in her stomach and not knowing what could happen, just like riding a rollercoaster.

All of the girls decided that it was time to stop the gigs when Jisoo got pregnant a few years ago. After that, Jennie and Jisoo had settled down in Seoul. Chaeyoung and Lisa had finally gotten married three years ago when Chaeyoung had just turned 22. They almost immediately started to think about children, and a year later they applied to an adoption agency. They had adopted their daughter from a young girl who contacted them when she was only three months pregnant. Six months later Macy Ann Manoban was born. Macy, now a year and a half old, was starting to pick up her mothers' love for music. She was always dancing in front of the TV when her cartoons played and she loved to sit on Chaeyoung's lap when she played the piano.

Chaeyoung was smiling down at her hand fondly while he played with her wedding ring. "Mrs. Park, someone is here to see you." a man called to Chaeyoung's dressing room door. Chaeyoung stood, assuming it was just a distant friend coming to wish her luck. What she didn't expect was her sister, Alice, to walk around the corner. "Alice!" Chaeyoung shouted as she stepped over to her and enveloped her in a hug. She laughed as they let each other go and looked at Chaeyoung and said, "Good surprise?" raising her eyebrows and smiling hopefully. Chaeyoung nodded and squeezed her tight. Alice laughed again and spoke up, "Actually there are a couple other people here to see you." Chaeyoung furrowed her brow and opened her mouth to ask who but before she could, Lisa walked in holding Macy. The toddler made a high pitch noise as she threw her hands in the air and yelled, "Mommy!" Chaeyoung laughed and mimicked her hand motions yelling, "Macy!" She then pivoted her feet to look at Lisa and yelled, "Lisa!" Lisa laughed and Chaeyoung pecked her on the lips quickly before she kissed the top of Macy's head. "What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung asked. "We just missed you is all." Lisa replied looking down to Macy who rested on her hip. Chaeyoung smiled fondly and reached to intertwine their hands. There was another call down the hallway,"5 minutes Mrs. Manoban." Lisa smiled wide at that, "I love it when they call you that." Chaeyoung laughed looking down at her and Lisa's feet that were barely touching. Chaeyoung took a step back and clapped her hands loudly. She looked between Alice and Lisa a few times before she exhaled and said, "I have to go set up, but do you guys wanna sit side stage instead of standing or just sitting back here?" Chaeyoung already knew the answer when Lisa replied with, "Course we wanna sit side stage Chaengie. You know I wouldn't pass up on opportunity to watch you sing." Chaeyoung nodded and then looked to Alice who just nodded with a proud smile plastered on her face.

Four minutes later and Chaeyoung was standing just off stage whike Lisa, Alice, and Macy stay comfortably beside her. She was squatting in front of Macy, who was positioned on Lisa's lap. "Can I get a good luck kiss?" asked her pointing to her cheek. She obliged by quickly smushing her face against his causing Chaeyoung and Lisa to laugh. "What about you? Can I get a good luck kiss from you?" Chaeyoung asked Lisa. Lisa replied by putting her hand around Chaeyoung's neck and guiding her to her mouth sealing their lips in a kiss. When they broke apart Lisa said, "Even though you don't need it." Chaeyoung then turned to Alice who was absentmindedly scrolling through her phone, successfully ignoring what was happening before her. "C'mon Alice. You can't not give me a good luck kiss now!" Chaeyoung told her pouting. She sat on her heels and leaned forward to kiss the same cheek Macy had. "Good luck sis," she said patting her thigh.

"Chaeyoung, whenever you're ready." the stage manager said from where she had appeared behind Lisa. "Okay," she said pushing herself up and waving to her family before walking onto the stage.

This gig was relatively small. There were only a couple thousand people in the stadium and there were fewer spotlights and stage effects than Chaeyoung was used to. She frequently looked off stage to watch her family. Alice was often chatting with Lisa or playing with Macy. Chaeyoung had caught Macy dancing a few times and couldn't help but smile.

The gig had been going extremely well and the audience had been reacting positively to her music. Chaeyoung was singing her last song, she was belting out the chorus when she heard a large, collective 'aww' from the audience. Chaeyoung then felt the all familiar tug of her skirt and looked down to see Macy looking up at her with big doe eyes and a pacifier in her mouth. Chaeyoung laughed and took a step back from the mic. With the band playing the instrumental part of the song, Chaeyoung could fully appreciate how cute this was. She looked over at Lisa was loudly whispering Macy's name. Lisa looked up at Chaeyoung and mouthed 'sorry' but Chaeyoung just laughed brushing it off of her shoulder.

The next verse started and Chaeyoung began to sing and Macy started to dance. She was all loose limbs and soulful instinct, just like her mother. Chaeyoung was looking right at her and couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of her. Macy looked at her while she bounced up and down and Chaeyoung took the mic off of the stand and walked up to her. She was clapping her hands and bending her knees to the beat of the song and when Chaeyoung joined her, she all but exploded with excitement. Chaeyoung couldn't get over the fact her daughter had no reason to care about the thousands of people watching her, all she wanted was to dance with her mother. She and Chaeyoung jumped up and down and moved in a way only they could before Chaeyoung swept her into her arms at the end of the song. Macy giggled and Chaeyoung brought the mic to her lips and yelled, "Give it up for Macy everybody!" She then put the mic to Macy's lips and instructed her to say bye. When her little voice echoed through the stadium everyone melted, including Chaeyoung. Walking off the stage with Macy waving in Chaeyoung's arms, she was overjoyed with the fact it was her daughter that stole the show.

When Lisa got home she went straight to the computer and plugged her phone to so she could download all of the pictures and videos she took that night. Chaeyoung and Lisa then put Macy to bed, and while Chaeyoung was in the shower, Lisa posted a video of Chaeyoung and Macy dancing and singing on stage. And if that video got three million views overnight, well no one was wondering why. Chaeyoung and Lisa's daughter might be a scene stealer, but she was a damn cute one.