Conscious Mind

~Your mom's perspective~

"Please move aside," I said as I started pushing people to get outside. Mr. Kim was following beside me, and slightly apologizing for my pushing. Soon I was outside, bright lights shining and sirens echoing throughout my ears. There in front of me was a crowd of people, making a circle.

~Flashback~

Miss Melody ran up to me, exhausted, and the color of her face was drained. "Mrs. L/N," she struggled to say. I placed a hand on her shoulder, "What's wrong, Miss Melody?" "Y-Your... your daughter fell out of the window," she said, making me freeze in my spot. "H-How?" I asked shocked. My eyes widened and my heart started beating quickly. "Please tell me this isn't real," I thought. I stared at Miss Melody for comfort, but she didn't give me any. Her eyes were full of seriousness, and fear. "I-I don't know. When I got there, there was a guy at the window- he was in shock," she replied, clearly unsure what happened. I felt my heart drop at her words. "I called the ambulance, they should be arriving soon."

~Present~

I started making my way to the circle, Mr. Kim followed behind. Both of us were in a rush. "Please excuse me," I said, pushing my way through once more. After I was done pushing through, I was faced with something I wished that I would never have to see. "Y/N," I thought as I felt tears form in my eyes. There laid on the ground, was my daughter. A pool of blood surrounded her. I started walking over to her. Each step that I took weighed me down. Soon I dropped onto my knees, tears quickly ran down my face, it was unbelievable. The sight of my daughter, unconscious and bleeding, was terrifying for me. "Mrs. L/N please stand up," Mr. Kim said as he placed his hand on my shoulders. "No... I can't," I said, not wanting to do anything rash. "I should have been watching her, then none of this would have happen," I sobbed as I pulled my daughter to me. I didn't care if her blood strained my clothes. Soon, guards came running out. They started shouting for people to back away, and provide some space. "Ma'am please move aside. We need to take her to the hospital before it's too late," a male kneeled down, making eye contact with me. Without even knowing, I zoned everything out. But Mr. Kim was quick to snap me out of my zoned out faze. I watched as they took my daughter out of my arms, and started leaving with her. "That's my daughter!" I cried as quickly followed behind them. Mr. Kim stopped me, and turned me around. "Calm down," he calmly said as he wiped away my tears, "We can head to the hospital now." I stared at him before turning to Y/N. I watched as she was taken away. Then the doors shut. I looked back at Mr. Kim and nodded, signaling that I immediately wanted to start heading to the hospital. As he lead me to the car, Sir Byung-Hee ran over to us. "I want to come along!" his voice cracked. I started wiping my tears. "Let my daughter be okay..." I thought, looking at the night sky. It was blurry for me, due to my tears.

~At the hospital~

The three of us patiently waited for the doctor to give us the news that we long to hear. "This is all my fault," I said as I my lowered my head. Mr. Kim softly patted my back, giving me some reassurance. "It's not your fault, you couldn't predict that this would happen. Stop blaming yourself. It won't help your daughter if she knew you were blaming yourself," he said. I sighed in response. He was right. If my daughter woke up and figured out I was stressing, she'll most likely be the one to scold me. But I couldn't help but feel at fault, I was the one who should have kept a better eye on Y/N. Even if she's a grown adult, I still need to care for her like I did when she was younger. Sir Byung-Hee looked like he wanted to say something. He opened his mouth but was quickly interrupted. "Mrs. L/N!" Miss Melody rushed over to where I was. She stopped in front of me, "Any news on Y/N?" I slowly shook my head. She looked over to Sir Byung-Hee. "You're the guy who was standing near the window, the one Y/N fell out of!" she shouted as she pointed at him. It looked like she was yelling at a culprit. "Were you really?" I asked, looking at him. His expression was twisted with guilt. "I-I'm sorry... I did it all," he said as tears started forming in his eyes. "Son, you're drunk at the moment," Mr. Kim made an attempt to make sure Sir Byung-Hee didn't do anything unacceptable. "She fell out of the window because of me. I-I couldn't catch her on time. It's all my fault, I should have been faster. I should have caught her on time. Al-All I wanted to do was talk to her, convince her I was different, but she backed away. Now look where she's at... the hospital, all because of me," he sobbed, his words became more and more slurred as he continued. I could tell that he was feeling utterly guilty, but I could feel anger filling my body. But I couldn't bring myself to hate him, because I couldn't find any means of hating him. After all, he tried to save my daughter. Even so, it was his fault but I can't hate him even if I wanted to.

I looked at Miss Melody to see a raging flame behind her. "You, you made her fall? Why didn't you catch her? What's wrong with you?" she was about to lash at Sir Byung-Hee. I quickly stopped her. "Let's not act in an unreasonable manner, Miss Melody," I said. I said that, but I was also struggling to compose myself. She looked at me. "Aren't you mad at him? He's the one who made her fall!" she shouted. "I understand that he did, and I am angry at him. But please, stay calm Miss Melody. Even if it was partly his fault, we don't have to attack him. How would Y/N feel if she knew you lashed out at someone?" I watched as her fury faded. "You're right... I just- it just make me mad, knowing Y/N was put into this situation." With that, I turned to Sir Byung-Hee. He was crying while apologizing through his tears. "It's okay, Sir Byung-Hee. Don't worry too much about it," I placed a hand on his shoulder.

Eventually, the doctor appeared. "You're the family of Y/N L/N?" he asked. "I am," I raised my hand, and he looked at me before nodding. "We have good news, and bad news. Which one would you prefer to hear first?" he asked. "Good," Miss Melody quickly said. "Alright, the good news is that she survived the fall," he calmly said. I felt a sense of relief rush over my body. "The bad news is that she's in a coma," he added. The bad news covered my relief with sadness. "How long will she be in an a coma?" Mr. Kim asked, seeing that I was unable to speak. "The average is two to four weeks. But it all depends on her, and whether her conscious mind wants to wake up," he replied, making us all look at him with confusion. All the doctor did was smile and leave.

"You may visit her, if you like," the doctor informed as he walked away.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako