By The Light of A Thousand Suns (pt. 1)

Not requested.

Ship: Romantic Prinxiety

Category: Fluff/Hurt/Comfort

Warnings: None

Summary: Roman meets the newest arrival in his small town.

¶∆¶∆¶∆

Roman Prince didn't think much of the quiet, darkly dressed boy that moved to his town that day. It was the middle of autumn, and Roman was preparing for the bi-monthly play that his highschool put on for the entire town, which was really more like a village. He had been holding several large boxes filled with supplies, walking down the halls to the theater room, when he ran directly into someone, knocking down the stuff in his arms and bowling over the other person. Roman stumbled and fell, landing on something soft and warm.

The soft and warm thing made a strangled sound and squirmed beneath him.

Roman opened his eyes to find himself nose-to-nose with a cute boy with glittering onyx eyes. Their chests were pressed together, with Roman's hands on either sides of the other's head. Several boxes had burst open and were scattered around them, covering the pair in flashy costumes.

The boy blinked at him owlishly, a reddish tinge staining his pale cheeks.

Roman was too entranced by the other to do much but stare, at least until the boy whispered, "Can you... um... g-get off me?"

"Oh! Right." Roman blushed deeply and scrambled away, dusting himself off. He looked away from the boy, who was picking himself up and straightening his hoodie. Roman started to gather up the costumes, stuffing them into boxes with no real organization. A moment later, the boy joined him, picking up one at a time and folding them carefully.

Roman didn't recognize him, which was odd. He knew everyone in their little high school.

"Are you new?" Roman asked abruptly.

The boy nodded, almost imperceptibly. He closed a box and went to work on the next one.

"What's your name?"

A rustle. The sound of shifting fabric. Silence.

"Virgil."

The word came out as the barest whisper. Roman almost didn't hear him.

"That's cool. I'm Roman." Roman waited for Virgil to elaborate on... on something, but he remained mute. "Where'd you move from?"

A pause. "L.A."

"Oh. Big city life, huh? You'll fall in love with this little town, just you wait." Roman chuckled lightly.

"Is that the only thing I'll fall in love with?" Virgil asked suddenly, voice volume rising a notch.

Roman blinked, and when he looked over, he found Virgil staring at him, dark eyes sweeping over his face, almost appreciatively. Heat rose to the surface of his cheeks as Roman combed back his hair nervously.

"Maybe," Roman choked out finally, and Virgil nodded. The other boy seemed to relish the discomfort he was causing Roman.

They finished packing the boxes in silence. Roman gathered up his courage, war drums pounding wildly in his chest, and asked, "Will you meet me behind the school tomorrow night?"

He received his answer with the quirk of Virgil's lip and the short nod.