Hypothesis: False

Not requested.

Ship(s): None

Category: Hurt/no comfort lmaoo,,,, also this is like a vent-y thing

Warnings: Touch starvation

Summary: Logan conducts an experiment on whether touch is necessary for people to thrive mental health-wise, and discovers new things about himself.

¶∆¶∆¶∆¶

Logan yawned and sat up in bed, blue eyes drifting blearily around the room as he fought off a wave of exhaustion. His bed was covered in all manner of fluffy blankets and pillows, scattered around him in a warm cocoon. Looking at his makeshift nest made him wonder something.

Why did he crave the warmth of his bed? Was he yearning for sleep, or for something greater?

Perhaps he missed the warmth of the other sides.

Holding out his hand, he waited until his notebook landed neatly in his palm, then he began to write.

Experiment #1

Question: Is physical contact/stimulation necessary for one's well-being?

Hypothesis: If the amount of physical contact from the other sides is increased, then there will be a significant difference to overall health and performance.

Status: N/A

¶∆¶∆¶∆¶

At breakfast, or when he was walking through the halls, he'd purposefully brush against Roman's arm, or bump into Patton. He was just subtle enough so that it wasn't noticeable. Only when he began to regularly be in contact with the rest of them did he realize how cold he always was.

Once, Roman clapped a hand on his shoulder, and Logan jumped so hard he almost fell over. The warmth quickly receded, as Roman gave him a weird look and walked away, but his arm was still tingling and shaking violently from the aftermath of such close proximity to another being. Logan gripped his shoulder, taking in a shuddering breath as he tried to recreate the feeling of touch. It wasn't the same.

That night, he curled up under mounds of covers and tried to imagine he was being hugged.

Of course, that isn't logical. He does not require constant physical contact with the others to be a valuable asset. It doesn't make sense.

His heart ached anyway.

Experiment #1

Status: Hypothesis proven false. Physical stimulation and the emotions associated with it are irrelevant and illogical.

¶∆¶∆¶∆¶

So ya'll, I'm sorta grounded from my phone at the moment, so I'll be uploading on my laptop for... who knows how long, really. Anyway enjoy this vent ~kc