CHAPTER 30

|Mount Justice
|August 3 2010, 13:06

"Wake up, class is in session."

Katherine snapped awake after being kicked in the side.

"Ow."

Black Canary stood oven her, hands on her hips, to show just how unamused she was with Katherine's lack of participation in her class.

She'd been sent in by Batman, given the position of training the team, but Katherine didn't see the need of the classes; she already knew everything and more than what would be taught to the team.

"As much as you need to rest, you also need to attend and take part in the team's exercises, which you haven't."

Katherine sat up and glared up at Canary, just as unamused. "I showed up, didn't I?" She hissed, "Be grateful I even did that."

Black Canary narrowed her eyes slightly, her gaze going to the ankle tracker that'd been fitted to Katherine's ankle upon returning to The Cave.

Batman didn't appreciate her week long vacation from being a hero, so he fitted her with a tag to keep track of her- when she should be with the team.

Katherine smirked, getting up from the floor so she was around eye level with the leaguer. "If you think I'm here against my will then you're more of a rookie than I thought.", She mocked Canary with her own lack of experience. "I'm only keeping it on to calm the rest of The League's insecurities about me. The real leaguers know the only thing keeping me here is a signature, one I have many loopholes around, so don't push me to use them this early on, Canary."

Instead of backing down, Black Canary took that as a challenge. "By all means show me then. You clearly believe yourself to be more capable of teaching this class than me, so show me how it's done."

Katherine glanced over at the team who were silently watching this play out, eager to see where it would go.

It was no secret Katherine was powerful enough to take down a leaguer, but nobody had ever been able to study and watch how she did it; she always either escaped before they could- or they were too busy fighting her to focus on it.

What Black Canary was trying to do here was change that, and use her as a part of her lesson, which wasn't going to happen.

"Nice try," Katherine crossed her arms, "but I'm not an idiot. I'm excusing myself from Hero 101. Move before I make you."

"Make me." Black Canary shortly swung for Katherine, forcing her to take part.

With her powers, dodging the attack was almost effortless, but a part of Katherine knew this gave permission for Black Canary to use her own powers in the fight, which would ultimately defeat Katherine. Black Canary's power was loud- much too loud for Katherine's sensitive ears. Since Katherine was in civilian attire, and her cowl was locked in the armoury, she all it would take is one of Canary's screams to defeat her.

"I told you already, I don't want to take part, Canary.", Katherine warned, flashing her claws.

Black Canary ignored her and attacked again, this time with a quicker swing. Katherine's cat vision picked up the movement and she easily dodged it in time like the last attack, but with hardly any sleep her vision wouldn't stay that accurate for long.

"Don't make me fight back.", Katherine bluffed, knowing her use of power was limited.

"And why is that?" Black Canary turned to the team, "Why doesn't Catgirl want to fight me, despite being provoked?"

Katherine rolled her eyes and attempted walked away, not getting very far. She handspringed backwards to avoid another attack, her head spinning a little when she stood up straight again. She staggered back, into a fighting stance.