CHAPTER 91

|?
|December 25 2010, 22:42

"Ugh..ow..." Katherine sat up, clutching her throbbing head.

"Hey, hey, hey..." Felix scooped her up.

She'd seemingly fallen asleep in his arms. Maybe she passed out- but when?

It felt like her memories had been wiped.

"Where are we?" She groggily asked.

Even with her cat vision, the room they were in was pitch black.

Were her powers not working?

"Can't tell you that." Felix quietly explained, "But we might not be alone, so careful what you say."

"Not...alone?" Katherine got a sharp spike of pain in her head, the throbbing worsening. She groaned, "Why does my head hurt so much?"

"No clue." Felix shrugged, "Probably a mind control thing."

That explained why she couldn't remember getting here; there was some type of telepathy in the area, and she'd been stupid enough to go anywhere with Felix.

"What does this have to do with The Light?" Katherine asked through gritted teeth, "You said you were going to prove-"

"Oh yeah, The Light aren't here- at least I'm a good 60% sure they aren't." Felix smirked, "And I never said I was going to show you them, just prove they're more friendly with you than you think. Nice try though."

Katherine winced as she got another spike of pain in her head, "But I cut off all ties with the members I knew! Only-"

"Ra's Al Ghul tried to reach out since mom shot you?" Felix nodded, "Yeah, I'm not talking about the high ups here, I'm talking about the pawns in their game."

"P-Pawn- ngh- get to the point!" Katherine yelled, the pain in her head quickly becoming unbearable.

Felix shot her a concerned glance and quickly told her, "One of your teammates, the redhead-"

"The mole!" She gasped.

"Yup." Felix carefully put her back on the ground, oblivious to just how bad it was to be mentally attacked.

When he came back he was only given one life so Bastet didn't think it was fair giving him the weakness that came with nine.

It sucked.

"Who is it?" Katherine desperately asked, wanting to leave the room as soon as possible.

"Where's the fun in telling you?" Felix looked down at her, watching her show her fangs through gritted teeth.

Felix couldn't decide if it really did hurt as much as she was making it out to, or if she was trying to trick him and try something.

He had to remind himself again that they were currently on opposing sides.

"Anyway." Felix turned to face what Katherine could barely make out to be a chair and restraints, "This is where The Light kept them before brainwashing them into being their spy. I'm told they put up quite the mental fight before they broke, but what do I know, I was dead at the time." He sighed, "Shame too, because I would've loved to watch the switch."

"Guess you'll just have to settle for me going feral then.." Katherine could barley stand on her own now. "Could be a-any day now...hah.."

Katherine feared that if she stopped fighting the mental energy around her Bastet wouldn't be as reasonable as she was last time.

She had to focus on fighting it.

"I suppose I'll get to see you switch." Felix sighed again, "But I can tell you'll continue to fight it until your hero phase passes."

If it came to it, she'd fight until her final breath.

"It's not a- just get me out of here!" Katherine hissed at him, looking back at the chair.

She could've never imagined it being one of them, but if what Felix said was true, M'gann or Wally was the team's mole...

And it was down to her to catch them.

—————————————————————————————————

Word Count: 661