CHAPTER 64

TW: BLOOD

|Gotham Bank
|October 15 2010, 11:30

"I should be at school right now.", Robin whined as he crawled behind Katherine, "I'm failing PE."

Just the thought of Robin, the 'I used to be an acrobat' Boy Wonder failing PE made her crease. She snorted in response, "Please. You mean Dick Grayson is failing PE. Robin would wipe everyone out."

"Which is why I planned to just pass and no more, like Dick Grayson would; he's smart, not athletic."

Catgirl took a brief pause from crawling to look back at him. "But you still want to pass."

"Just!" Robin whined, "But at this rate, I'm already marked late and have missed the exam!"

"Tragic." Catgirl continued crawling through the vent, "Now we'll never know if you're really able to hit your classmates with a ball, or climb the top of a rope or-"

"Ok! I get it!", He snapped, making her laugh, "I still care about my grades, ok?! You can't bully me for trying to do well in school despite my situation right now...which brings me to ask, are you going to tell me why you broke into my school, pretending to be my aunt of all things?"

"Yes. I mean, yes, about why I brought you here. Looking back on the aunt thing, I realise that was kinda dumb, you know, considering the entire city knows Bruce adopted you because you have no other capable family...sorry, i'm getting nervous. You're playing hooky for the greater good here. Really, he's down there...somewhere."

Robin sighed and waited until she'd crawled to the other side of the next vent cover, so he could look down into the bank they'd just broke into. He looked at everyone in there but nothing seemed out of place. Everyone down there was either working or waiting in line to be seen.

"Nothing's out of place.", he stated.

"Exactly."

"Exactly?"

"Yes." Catgirl questioned, "Don't you think it's weird how everyone is acting so normally after what happened the last time we were here? It doesn't look like it happened at all, does it?"

Robin looked back at the scene below them, this time focusing on the bank itself, rather than the people inside it. The previously destroyed main hall looked as good as new, the public nor bank security looked nervous in the slightest- actually, upon further examination, it didn't look like security had been increased in the slightest since the attack.

Robin glanced at Catgirl, not yet sure where she was going with this. "The city made sure the bank was fixed quickly?"

"Very."

He sighed, "Please tell me you didn't bring me out here because you don't like how quick this was covered up. The reason they didn't do this when you stole 100 million-"

"This isn't about me.", Catgirl cut him off, "This is about that guy in the leopard suit."

"Copycat?", Robin tilted his head, still struggling to see where she was going with this.

"We're not calling him that.", Catgirl narrowed her eyes at him, unamused, "But yes, Copycat."

"What about him?" Robin lay down in the vent on his front, resting his head on his hand.

They'd last seen Copycat during a robbery. He seemed to be the man in charge of the operation. Apart from his obsession with Catgirl, they knew nothing about him or what his goals were- typical, for a new villain.

Catgirl rolled her eyes at him like he was missing something very obvious about the scene below them. She tried to help him out a little, saying, "The team fought him and his goons last time the team was here, right?"