CHAPTER 86

|The Docks, Gotham City
|December 17 2010, 23:03

The sirens had been around for a while now, but she wasn't wanting their attention.

"Kath..."

Or his.

Katherine turned around a little too quickly when she pulled her gun on her brother, wincing and ultimately dropping the weapon.

Calico caught it before it could hit the warehouse floor and misfire.

"Careful there, scaredy cat." He nervously chuckled, his eyes scanning over her body for the scars everyone on the streets were talking about.

After not being able to see any he added, "You look good, considering-" 

"Considering I almost died in that fire you started?" Katherine bitterly finished for her brother.

"Yeah..." Calico diverted his eyes to the floor, "I know, I know- and I take full responsibility for it." He cautiously looked back up at her, unable to fully read her.

He knew she was mad at him, but wasn't sure just how mad.

If she was mad enough it'd be game over for him- at least that's what the news reports would say.

"But you're not responsible for this." she carefully unzipped her catsuit, stopping at the top of her chest to show him where to scarring started, "By now you should know how the healing works."

Calico got a slight pain in his chest seeing the pink scarring covering his sister's body. "Yeah, you did choose to run into the fire.." He sighed, "But I never wanted you to get hurt like that." He looked away from the scars, unable to see her like that, his eyes going to the barricade she'd put on the warehouse door instead, a small smile reappearing on his lips, "But if I knew it would get you back into the game I would've done it again." he admitted, quickly adding, "But only because I know you have lives to spare."

Calico never wanted to hurt his little sister, but if it was for the greater good and the damage wasn't permanent...

Katherine glared at him, "Not funny."

"Never said it was!" He put his hands up defensively, "But still, I do think the circumstances you got the scars were pretty amusing.."

"What, saving my best friend from my psycho pyromaniac brother?" She crossed her arms, not finding the situation funny at all.

It wasn't funny.

"Yes." Calico went over to the railing she'd put her cowl on and tossed it back to her, "Your entire hero phase was hilarious."

Katherine watched the cowl land at her feet then looked up at Calico who was seemingly waiting for her to put it on.

She sighed, "What are you doing here Felix?"

Katherine knew he wouldn't of just come to make sure she was ok; these days everything he did was to benefit his new reputation in the underworld.

Calico tilted his head, "Isn't it obvious?" he held out his hand, "I'm here to help my baby sister escape the cops. Those scars must be hell with your sensitivity- what little scars I have are hell with mine." He pointed to where Catwoman had shot him, almost in the same place Katherine was.

She looked down, breaking eye contact.

Of course he would've thought she was doing something illegal here- that's what she wanted people to think.

In reality, she'd just put in an anonymous bomb sighting to The GCPD, waited for them outside, then locked herself in.

If you weren't Catgirl and didn't know what was really happening it would look legit.