CHAPTER 50

A/N: Ok so before the chapter starts I just want to thank everyone who is still reading this book at Chapter 50- yes, we're already at 50!

Thank you for being here! <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Bialyan Desert
|Sep 4 2010, 12:02

"Catgirl, you shouldn't push yourself like that. Not in the middle of nowhere- if you fainted-"

"I didn't."

The only way to keep up with the Bialyan cars was to use her powers to run the long distance.

"Still, you could have-"

"Shh!", She covered his mouth with her hand to listen in, "Make yourself useful and check your computer for any notes or dates to tell us what happened- and to find out how long we blacked out for." She pulled off her cowl and handed it to him, "I need to focus and use my own nightvision here, because the green shit in that cowl sucks. If you're not going to be useful, drool over that tech instead."

Robin sighed and opened up his now functioning computer, his eyes widening. He covered his mouth by himself this time as he gasped in surprise at the date.

"Oh, come on, it can't be that...bad.", Catgirl swallowed, looking at the date, "That doesn't say March."

The last time she checked 'March' was a much shorter word.

Robin shook his head, "No." He desperately tried to find any notes to explain it, but couldn't find anything. "Last I remember it was March too...but it's September.", he said, if only to let her know she wasn't the only one who lost track of time. They'd both blacked out 6 months worth of any memories.

"Yeah...", Catgirl put a hand to her head, "Ok..." She fell back into Robin, faint. "I think I'm starting to feel it now."

Robin held her up, "I'm sorry, I don't have any water..." He bit his lip in concern, anxious to find some- any way to help her. He was practically useless.

"No..", She closed her eyes, "It's not...not the dehydration, it's- ah!" She winced, reaching for her cowl, "Robin! Give me my- ah! Quick, they're trying to get in my head!" She managed to take the cowl and put it on, breathing heavily in Robin's arms as she regained her balance.

"That'll explain why we can't remember anything." He let out a shaky breath of relief, thankful that no serious damage was done to Catgirl from that type of power.

Is wasn't on the long list of powers Katherine possessed as telepathy was among her biggest weaknesses- if it wasn't her number one biggest weakness;

It could kill her.

What were the odds this was coincidence?

**********

Robin now stood extra close to Catgirl, worried she'd collapse again. She said someone was trying to get into her head. That much confirmed someone had wiped their memories, but it also meant that she was in real danger.

"You know.", He quietly said, so she could continue spying on the Bialyan army, "If you think they're hiding something, I can-"

"Shh, I'm working!", She hushed him, looking over at him a second later in frustration, "We followed these guys for nothing, they're playing hooky!"

Robin couldn't help but laugh a little.

Catgirl punched his arm. "It's not funny! I just wasted both my time and my energy tracking them down!" She threw her hands in the air, "Now I'll never know what they're hiding!"

"Well, if-"

"Not now Robin!" Catgirl started to stomp off in the direction the vehicle they followed came from, "The only reason Batman would've sent us here would be to find out what the Bialyan government were hiding, to ensure that psycho, Queen Bee, isn't plotting-"

"I think I know-"

"What?!", Catgirl snapped on him, "What do you know? Have you got your memories back? I highly doubt that!"

"No.." Robin flinched a little from the yelling before running to catch up to her and show her his wrist computer, "I'm saying I have a GPS tracker on an unmoving object, only a few miles away.."

Catgirl stopped walking and gritted her teeth before snapping again, "Did you not think to tell me that sooner?!"

**********

Catgirl had significantly reduced her pace of walking, occasionally tripping up on the sand or yawning. An alert on her vitals her popped up on Robin's wrist computer, warning of 'red' a while ago, and they weren't going any higher as she continued to use her energy walking.

"Catgirl?", He quietly spoke, afraid she would snap on him again.

The only reason he was still alive was because they'd somehow managed to make up during their 6 month memory gap- or at least work towards it.

If she still hated him, she would've shot him and left him in the sand- which gave him enough confidence to talk to her, even if she was clearly in a bad mood.

"What?", Catgirl yawned, not paying much attention to him as she walked.

Robin frowned, moving a little closer to her, "Do you want to take a break from walking?"

"A break?" She scoffed. "Yeah, right. I wish I could take a break from this."

"No- no I didn't mean it like that.." Robin timidly offered, "I meant if you wanted to..I could...well, carry you?"

Catgirl laughed, flashing her razor sharp fangs. "You're kidding, right?"

"Not at all!", Robin blushed, "I-I'm more than happy to carry you- I promise I won't tell anyone-"

"No thanks.", Catgirl shut him down, "I know you know better than to tell anyone, Birdy, but I also know we can't be too far away. I can make it on my own. I'm a tough girl."

"But your powers.", Robin tried to argue, knowing enough about the red alert he'd got to know that it meant her powers had already begun failing.

Catgirl shrugged, "I've made my way out of worse without them."

"That's not the point.", Robin argued, "What if you need them when we get there?"

"I have a gun.", Catgirl showed him her gun again, "And there's never been a situation this one hasn't got me out of." she smiled, brushing her finger along the name engraved in it before putting it back in its holster.

Robin sighed and looked back at his wrist computer. He stopped walking and turned around. "Woah, hold on a sec. Yeah, we already passed it.", He said, running back towards a dune they'd just passed.

Catgirl stood where she was, crossing her arms. "There's nothing there. I would've seen it."

She was in denial about her fatigue problem- nothing new there.

Robin made it to the dune without her and looked down it, backing up a little to try and take it all in. "Well, first off it's a crater, and second off...you should really take a look at this.." he glanced back at her, his eyes widening when he saw her on the ground, suddenly motionless. "Catgirl!", he panicked, about to run to her when a hand grabbed him and pulled him back down into the crater.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1037