Chapter Eleven

The great room downstairs was mostly vacant aside from a few wolves who didn't quite know what to do with themselves

The great room downstairs was mostly vacant aside from a few wolves who didn't quite know what to do with themselves. Jrasic was among them, hovering by a window that looked out over one of the patios. He half sat on the windowsill, eyes drifting over the forest that bordered the Manor.

Terra sauntered in and plopped herself down on the window seat. "I'm sorry, have I interrupted your scheduled brooding time for the day?" She ran her hands through her hair, shifting the mass over one shoulder. "Perhaps I should leave you to it?"

"Well what else is there to do when I'm waiting for someone who takes forever?" At first Jrasic sounded rather distant until he turned slightly to look at her.

Terra just shrugged. "I am perfectly on time. Now that you're actually teaching me something useful." She smirked at him and leaned sideways against the window.

"Only seems fair that you should understand more about this." Jrasic turned around to face her fully. "What do you care to know this time? Heard any rumors floating around that need confirmation or anything?"

Her brow furrowed as she thought, fingers picking at a loose string on her shorts. "Jessie mentioned something about a bond once, but I wasn't quite sure what she meant." She tipped her head at him, hair tickling her bare knee as she crisscrossed her legs. "Can't be worse than the weird half shift thing you do."

"The partial shift is something only born wolves are able to do," Jrasic said with a nod. "The bond is something different. A Sire bond is between a wolf and those they turn. Like you and I."

Meeting his gaze evenly, Terra leaned forward, hands clasped in her lap. "So is it dangerous, creepy, or both?"

The smallest of grins flashed across Jrasic's face, disappearing as quickly as it appeared. "Depends on what the pair allows the bond to become," he said. "The bond is never the same for any pair."

"So like what then?" Terra asked. "Is it intense, or something that can be...avoided."

"Both, to be honest." Jrasic leaned back into the corner where the window's frame met the wall. "It's most common for a bond to be mutual between both Sire and Pup but, sometimes it can take a stronger hold on one more than the other. Sometimes the bond can be weak or simply strengthen a feeling or bond that already existed before becoming Sire and Pup. In those cases it can be bypassed..." Jrasic shrugged, keeping his gaze on the tree line. "Or avoided. But then there can be cases where the bond creates something that didn't exist formerly and sometimes it can be strong or overwhelming..."

Terra frowned, "You sound like you know a lot about this." She leaned back again, looking out the window. "So what is it between us then? What kind of...something does it create?"

Jrasic just shook his head. "Like I said, it's always different." He glanced at her for just a second. "The bond is unpredictable. It could be as strong as the bond Aaron holds with his Pup: something compelling, heated...personal. But, it could also be as weak as the bond I hold with the first wolf I've turned. It's just impossible to tell what any given bond could create. Or not."