Chapter Thirty-Four

As he had expected, the rest of the pack didn't take as well to their Alpha's plan

As he had expected, the rest of the pack didn't take as well to their Alpha's plan. Particularly Lynea who still sent nasty glances at Jrasic when she found him in the living room.

"Where's Wren?" he said when she didn't speak and the question only made her scowl worse.

"Far away from you and your death wish plan," she spat.

Jake looked up from sharpening a blade and turned his head to her. "It's the best idea we have, Lynea," he said once again.

"One that's going to get us all damn killed," Lynea growled.

"Fighting Aaron and Sonya alone will get us killed," Jrasic pointed out and his friend snapped her harsh gaze back onto him.

"And you think us, a bunch of nobody wolves, will suddenly turn the tide of the Hunters fighting them themselves?"

"Wolves like Aaron and Sonya have always been their priority," Jake said. "With a wolf like Terra facing off against them, why shouldn't they take that extra support? They'd be stupid not to with some of the wolves in this pack."

"Some of what, three of us?" Lynea snorted loudly and forced herself into one of the armchairs. "I'm sure three wolves - a murderer, one who broke into a lab, and a blade wielding wolf - will definitely put the odds in their favor."

"Lynea..." Jrasic said through a sigh. "It's still worth trying. They'll have something to benefit from. They always come up with something."

Jake tucked the blade into the hidden spot in his shoe. "Without them there's more of a chance of this failing. For now, it's our best bet. I'm not a fan of it either, we know exactly what they're capable of."

Lynea bit back whatever she wanted to say next and just gave in, tossing one leg over the other as she crossed her arms.

"We'll figure it out," Jrasic promised. "But we at least have to try."

Jake fell quiet and looked up. "That girl is another problem we have to deal with, too. Especially as Aaron's pup."

Jrasic nodded slowly, a frown building. "He didn't harm her nearly as much as he could have," he said. "So it looks like he meant to turn her."

"But he didn't use her to find this place," Lynea pointed out.

"Not yet." Jrasic leaned forward on the couch, elbows against his knees. "This is just another one of his games."

"So we keep ready for anything," Jake said. "Whether or not he comes looking."

A little voice cleared from the stairs as Erica made her entrance. Her gaze jumped from wolf to wolf, flickering between Jrasic and Jake. "U-um...Jessie says she needs more things." She fiddled with a piece of paper, crumpling and uncrumpling it.

With an annoyed sigh, Lynea stood and went to her, taking the paper away. "Alright, fine," she said, looking the list over. "Anything to get out of here for a while."